Discuss Inspection camera... Worth it? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

TPES

I know I have seen threads on these in the past, but I've searched and can't find them.

Anyway, I found this http://www.ebuyer.com/product/264237 and wondered if anyone has one and what they think to them?

Overview

Product Description

Allows for easy visual inspection of hard to reach areas. Lightweight handheld design for easy finding, diagnosing and solving hard-to-see problems with the flexible extended tube and useful accessories.

See it!
Clearly in narrow spots, even in total darkness or under water.
Find it!
Fast, no more struggling with mirrors and flash lights.
Solve it!
Easily, speed up the solution with extended accessories.

Mini water-proof camera with 1m (3 ft) flexible extended tube.
Waterproof Level: Ip67.
2.4" TFT-LCD wireless monitor with rechargeable Li-battery.
3 useful accessories included: hook, mirror and magnet.

I know I have seen threads on these in the past, but I've searched and can't find them.

Anyway, I found this Mini Inspection Handheld Camera With LCD Monitor Kit | Ebuyer.com and wondered if anyone has one and what they think to them?

Overview

Product Description

Allows for easy visual inspection of hard to reach areas. Lightweight handheld design for easy finding, diagnosing and solving hard-to-see problems with the flexible extended tube and useful accessories.

See it!
Clearly in narrow spots, even in total darkness or under water.
Find it!
Fast, no more struggling with mirrors and flash lights.
Solve it!
Easily, speed up the solution with extended accessories.

Mini water-proof camera with 1m (3 ft) flexible extended tube.
Waterproof Level: Ip67.
2.4" TFT-LCD wireless monitor with rechargeable Li-battery.
3 useful accessories included: hook, mirror and magnet.

Inspection's my business and before I buy anything, I try and remember the last time a situation arose when whatever product would have really helped me out-I can honestly say that I've never found a need for an inspection camera.

I always find a way in if I need too and I think it would be one of those devices that would sit in the store keeping my proving unit company....

I went on a Bosch-athon, and bought their camera, only had it a few weeks and it has come in handy.

Once when I knew there was a hole to feed my rods through, I couldn't reach by hand or see it so out came the camera and used that to guide me.

Yesterday I could not find the downlight wire in a newly boarded and plastered ceiling after cutting the hole.

In the few weeks I have had it I have been glad to have it.

I went on a Bosch-athon, and bought their camera, only had it a few weeks and it has come in handy.

Once when I knew there was a hole to feed my rods through, I couldn't reach by hand or see it so out came the camera and used that to guide me.

Yesterday I could not find the downlight wire in a newly boarded and plastered ceiling after cutting the hole.

In the few weeks I have had it I have been glad to have it.

Yes I suppose from an installation point of view it could come in handy, how much was the Bosch?

Been using mine today to find an elusive smoke detector cable on a new build, the builder is going to kill me tomorrow :73:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive ordered a Bosch 10.8v camera, so should be picking it up later this week. Getting tired of stuffing my phone in walls and under floorboards to find cable routes!

I have the Milwaukee one and probably only use it a few times a year, but for the times I do use it, it's worth every penny. The same as My Fein Multimaster, I have quite a few tools/products that only get used a few times including fuse finders, cable tracers etc but they do occasionally come in handy.

Maybe we could set up a help group for toolaholics ........Im in!
I have the Milwaukee one and probably only use it a few times a year, but for the times I do use it, it's worth every penny. The same as My Fein Multimaster, I have quite a few tools/products that only get used a few times including fuse finders, cable tracers etc but they do occasionally come in handy.

mirror and torch always done well for me. maplins do a camera with tft screen about £100+

I know this is quite an old thread but relevant to my needs. I have been saying for a while now that i need an inspection camera, it would be so handy but only on a handful of occasions so i didn't want to spend big money on one but at the same time i don't want to spend £60 - £70 and have one thats pants and can't make out the picture on anyway! Does anyone have one that they can reccommend?

Reply to Inspection camera... Worth it? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net