Discuss Inspection Camera in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

fjr1300

Looking for a small inspection camera that I can place inside walls/ceilings to find out if I've got any chance of passing cable/conduit through.

The camera would need to have its own light and be on about 3-4M of cable.

Found various "spy" cameras (Would not last in harsh enviroment) and bullet drain (Too big) camers.

Thanks

Leigh

Dont same drain guys sometimes use something to look up the drains for blockages, think it would be an area to look in.

Thanks for the reply Darkwood but the cameras I've found so far are around 50mm (2" old money) in diameter - I'd like something that would fit in, say, 25mm gap.

I'd also like would not to have to make great big holes in ceilings as some ceilings in France are made out of small suspended terracotta tiles - hard/messy work at times

Thanks JUD

Looks something like I'm looking for but don't you just hate sites that don't show prices - must be too expensive for me if I have to ask :mad:

Leigh

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,Ive used the Rigid See Snake and its brilliant,only 17mm head with LED light.Its only one meter long so might be just right for you.I used it for looking above ceilings through downlighter holes and for looking in walls.Apparently you can get an extension for it now,hope this helps.Costs about £180.

Thanks for all the pointers guys, will take a indepth look at Ridgid seesnake and the Milwaukee products to see which is the better one.

Leigh

Found this one in a wildlife web seite :eek:

Digital Binoculars, camera binoculars

Camera resolution is very high and the display resolution is better than the Ridgid or Milwaukee.

No info found yet on the camera head size yet but will keep looking

Last edited by a moderator:
like the idea of one of those lovely toys as well ! oh yes and one of them nice little thermal imaging camera's as well please santa !

Have had a further peek at the image on Maplin, there's a video out socket on the lhs of the unit! click on image on site for magnified one.:)

Reply to Inspection Camera in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net