Discuss Inspection Check List in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

timo

Guys is there a site or place that goes into detail on the check list sheet. Some items im not quite sure what they are looking for. So was wondering is there somthing i could read that would make it a little more clear?

Many Thanks

Tim

Timo the NIC guide to inspection and testing as well as GN3 and section 6 in the regs.
The checklist is very important and i know some people just see it as a tick sheet but be carefull.
The NIC have also braught out a Snags and Solutions for testing which seems very good as it goes into detail. I havent read it yet but getting there.

The NIC also do a DVD that is all just about the inspection check sheet, it goes into every box and it certainly opened my eyes to a few things.... That's if you can spare an hour of your life watching and listening to Tony Cable pointing his finger!!

The NIC also do a DVD that is all just about the inspection check sheet, it goes into every box and it certainly opened my eyes to a few things.... That's if you can spare an hour of your life watching and listening to Tony Cable pointing his finger!!

I thought he was conducting an orchestra:D

:D:D Is he that boring

Whats the DVD called guys? Does the DVD explain the 17th check sheet because i notice there is some changes etc.

Many Thanks for your help :)

You can either buy it as a 4 DVD set, or with that one, initial verification, periodic inspection reporting and safe isolation procedures... They're all very good, and informative, if you want to get the opinions of the NICEIC. But I know how some people feel about them, each to their own though! :)

It's called "Understanding and Filling in Schedule of Items Inspected" DVD, the order code on their sales site is DVD4 at £19.57, but it appears the shop site is down at the moment. You can get the pack of 4 for £48.93.

I don't work for them, honest! :eek:

This is the rascal

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Domestic-Periodic-Inspecting-Testing-Reporting/dp/1906091013/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1262623804&sr=8-4]Domestic Periodic Inspecting Testing and Reporting: Amazon.co.uk: DVD[/ame]

Don't know if hes boring, but he cant keep his hands still whilst hes talking. Now i've noticed it, its really does my head in.

That's one of them, yes, but there's actually one just for the tick sheet.... I'll have a look! :)

There's one on fleabay: -

NICEIC DVD 3 Filling in the Schedule of Items Inspected on eBay (end time 27-Jan-10 11:55:49 GMT)

Or from here: -

Products

And so on and so forth....

He does love to wave them old hands about, and look over his glasses at you like a maître d' did to me for a whole evening at a ridiculously posh restaurant.... I did look very out of place though! :rolleyes:

Oh yeah I forgot to say, it's fully updated to the 17th too...

Last edited:

Reply to Inspection Check List in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net