• If you have electrical work available, then you are in the correct forum.

Post details of the position you have on offer in this forum. Domestic / homeowners are also welcome to post electrical work they have available on their property. Or you're welcome to seach for a Local Electrician in our directory.

Discuss Inspection & Testing in the Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net

This person requires some work. They've hopefully explained their skills and qualifications and what area they're in. Otherwise, what's the bloody point?
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I work in the industry already and do not need a job. I am just currently doing my NVQ and cannot complete the units of testing and inspection and fault diagnosis. I was wondering if anyone near Dagenham or London (travelling isn’t an issue)
Could let me tag along with them for a few days to help me get all the pictures I need and to gain a little testing experience. I wouldn’t want pay, in fact I’d pay if someone was willing. Thanks.

Just FYI I don’t do any testing in my day to day works and won’t be for a long time. Which is why I need this help.

I can't help you with any woirk. However, It's actually quite common for installation electricians to have litte or no testing and inspection experience.
I once had 4 electricians with 80 years experience between them were placed on one of my I&T courses who had never used test instruments in their life. Incredible!

I can't help you with any woirk. However, It's actually quite common for installation electricians to have litte or no testing and inspection experience.
I once had 4 electricians with 80 years experience between them were placed on one of my I&T courses who had never used test instruments in their life. Incredible!
Likewise , when I first qualified 2360 Pt2 (which covered a lot of testing) the first thing I purchased was a Robin Tester Set.
I got sent to a big new build site and quite a few of the flats were energised yet not one had been tested (some were even occupied).
One of my first jobs was to break out my new testers and do all the testing on site as not one of the older subbies had a clue how to commission or test a new install and not one one them had MFT a tester between them. They had all be electricians for about 20-30 years. Which makes you wonder between then they must have wired 1000s of houses and flats but never tested a thing

No worries guys, thanks for the response. That’s the trouble I’m having. I’ve contacted a few different electricians now that I know and none of them test. It’s a pain because I need my gold card for my current job but cannot get there due to the testing 😫

Reply to Inspection & Testing in the Electricians Jobs area at ElectriciansForums.net