Discuss Inspections and testing HV/LV transformer. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Does anyone can recommend company or person from East Sussex which can do inspection and testing for transformer HV/LV ?
Thomas Clarke ltd if they are still operating they are a country wide company, or they were

Buzz, why the optimistic? I would assume the OP would know what tests he requires and should know the size of the Tx. Questions that would help me to decide whether I recommend one or two companies. The companies I know normally only deal with power stations/Subs but they might be interested.

Sorry Buzz, there are quite a few companies that test HV. I know of three off the top of my head that we work with. I'm working with one this week at a Nuke in Scotland.

the only people that test the hv transfomers are the grid boys ,having spoken to my brother that his a linesman .
What about the HV systems that are privately owned and run, RAF, Army and Naval bases are run, maintained and owned by HMG and do not have any DNO Involvement. The only DNO involvement will be at the Intake Sub Station, all the HV rings or Spurs will be the property and responsibility of the people occupying the property.

Does anyone can recommend company or person from East Sussex which can do inspection and testing for transformer HV/LV ?
I've just tried to send you a private message but the forum software won't let me. The company I work for could probably help. If you look at my profile page you should be able to email me direct. Get in touch and I'll forward you the company details.

Oil sampling tests, Buckholzt relay testing, think thats how you spell it it's been a while, since I did this sort of thing.
Very close but no cigar. Buchholtz. The newer plunger type are far easier. Saves having to carry a 'bomb' (compressed air cylinder) with you. Oil sampling/analysis is part of my job. On site DGA and moisture.

Reply to Inspections and testing HV/LV transformer. in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock