Discuss Installation about a new Range oven installation in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Steven19

DIY
Reaction score
Hi I need advice. I am about to buy a new oven. I am moving into a new home. The original owner removed their 90cm flush range oven when they moved out.

I didn't think anything about this until PC World told me that their engineers will not install an oven unless there is a 10mm space between the side of the cupboards and the oven.

The manuals of the ovens I have read say that there should be 10mm, but also say it can be flush with the base units.

I'm lost I need to know if I am about to walk into an expensive nightmare with regards to getting an oven installed.

I expect the minimum clearance between the oven side and an adjacent cupboard panel will vary from different manufacturers. The Bosch web site, for example, has an oven installation guide, and says a minimum clearance of 5mm.

It might well be PC World have decided rather than check each make/model of oven, they have just decided to adopt a 10mm minimum. I can understand their caution - I once was asked to change an oven in a rental property where clearances had been ignored, and part of a base unit was it the process of turning to charcoal due to overheating.

Perhaps check the clearance for the specific brand/model you plan to buy, and assuming it is adequate but less than 10mm (e.g. the 5mm mentioned above) get someone else to install it for you.

Reply to Installation about a new Range oven installation in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I'm installing a Hoover oven and would like a little help please. The oven code is HOC3158IN. The oven manual states "The power cable must...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Thank you for your previous advice - it resulted in us replacing our precious Smeg range with a Hotpoint; however we now have a new issue...
Replies
Views
I am getting ready to install a new wall oven that's about 4 ft closer to the panel than the old stove. I have about 4 ft extra cable with the...
Replies
Views
Good evening, I am new to the forum, and I am after some advice I am looking at buying my son a new oven, but have just noticed that the one I...
Replies
Views
(Trying again, as picture didn't post first time) Hi, I'd be very grateful if anyone could help me here. Below, I've pasted a sketch showing how...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock