Discuss Installation gensets in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Rockingit

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
I've lost touch a bit with permanent install generators and combined AMF controls over the last 3-4 years - what Manufacturers are people using these days as reliable and cost effective?

Deep Sea Electronics. Very good kit. Easy to use, great for monitoring. Can be specced to auto sync on change over, test and restoration so it makes generator maintenance a breeze and allows for uninterrupted planned power outages for power distribution maintenance.

Deep Sea Electronics. Very good kit. Easy to use, great for monitoring. Can be specced to auto sync on change over, test and restoration so it makes generator maintenance a breeze and allows for uninterrupted planned power outages for power distribution maintenance.
Totally DSE for control, I'm actually a trained DSE tech - we love them out in muddy fields!! They come as standard fitted to Perkins sets which means I'm probably starting to answer my own question, but it was more the engine reliability issues (when stood idle for months at a time, even with run-up cycles) of the variety of makes we now have in the market...... there's a reason I'm so familiar with the inner workings of so many different sets!!

Totally DSE for control, I'm actually a trained DSE tech - we love them out in muddy fields!! They come as standard fitted to Perkins sets which means I'm probably starting to answer my own question, but it was more the engine reliability issues (when stood idle for months at a time, even with run-up cycles) of the variety of makes we now have in the market...... there's a reason I'm so familiar with the inner workings of so many different sets!!
Ah great, yeah DSE is fantastic. You'll know being a trained tech then how reliable and well made it is.

We use a combination of Perkins and Volvo engines and we've got one mahoosive 1400kVA Cummins set. DSE controlling and monitoring all.

We experience barely any reliability issues but we have a very strict cyclical maintenance regime and each set gets a minimum of 1 hours run time per month and 2 hours run time on 80% load per quarter.

I'm sure you know as well as I do that a diesel generator's worst nightmare is sitting idle. Run them up more and for longer and I'd be willing to bet that most of your reliability issues will go away.

Reply to Installation gensets in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net