Discuss Installation testers in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Burnt Fingers

At the moment, I have multiple instruments for the tests I need to do. As I will be doing domestic mains pretty soon, I think I might get a multifunction, and I fancy the Fluke 1651.

It just seems more sensible to have one unit - continuity/insulation on comms cabling needs no calibration, my RCD tester is only to verify RCD's work before I use my tools on a customer supply etc.

Anyone use the 1651 and if so is it worthy? In fact, what do you experienced professionals recommend?

I will be fitting spurs and occasional outside lighting stuff, IR lamps etc, possibly adding sockets for my existing customers. But that does not seem to reduce the amount of verification required...

I have the 1651 and all i do is domestic and it suits me fine. A very simple unit that allows me to carry out all relevant testing with ease.

Sorry to hijack an old thread but I read with interest as the 1651 looks really good value new c/w with probe at £335+vat. However, are you saying with a TT system we could not test the earth resistance with this unit so could not work on a TT system?
TIA
Regards
David

You would test the impedance of the TT system
That is the overwhelming way the TT earth is tested by virtually everyone (Test method 2 )
The Iee accept it has a satisfactory substitute for the resistance test

Single function meters are far superior to the all singing dancing variety ( my minority opinion)

Last edited:

Reply to Installation testers in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm looking at new testing equipment and quite like the look of the dilog's. They seem to do what every other tester does but they are cheaper and...
Replies
Views
HI, I bought the TIS MFT PRO from CEF, nice touchscreen etc, so in the future I could add on the EV dongle and have a fancy case and tester etc...
Replies
Views
Hi all looking to get into ev installing on both commercial and domestic soon and have been looking at an ev stand alone Megger tester as I have...
Replies
Views
In my line of work it's very rare that I ever have to change a DB. I'm largely in maintenance; occasionally have to add new circuits etc. so in...
Replies
Views
Has anyone any experience of the Kewtech KT65DL? I'm due to do some work on a couple of live events and need to test to BS7909. Its generators...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock