Discuss Installer needed - Plymouth area to fit replacement Power-one Inverter. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Worcester

-
Mentor
Reaction score
Got a call today (new I shouldn't post so often on here :) ) an end user has a Power-One PVI-3.0-TL-OUTD - with an E031 error (failed grid relay).

I've given him the contact details of ABB to arrange the replacement unit, however he needs someone local to swap it over for him.

There's the usual fee in it from ABB :)

He's Plymouth area so a little far for us to go!

Which of you guys is based down that way and can swap it over for him?

Reply here, or PM me if you'd prefer

Thought ABB now have only 3 service partners that do all the swaps?

Dunno, told him also to spk to ABB, so we'll see what the outcome is.

No we ordered one last week. They send the replacement out and you swap if. Takes about a month to arrive!
Had An SMA 10000tl pack in last week. Called SMA, replacement arrived next day!

No we ordered one last week. They send the replacement out and you swap if. Takes about a month to arrive!
Had An SMA 10000tl pack in last week. Called SMA, replacement arrived next day!

Only a month ? Last summer it took them 12 weeks to send one out , Same SMA experience, called last Monday re a faulty Tripower, replacement was on site by Thursday :)

I think they stopped that a while back

I may be wrong but I think it depends on the date the original inverter was commissioned. Before 01/06/13 and you got paid. Afterwards, nowt - unless you upgraded to an "Advantage" warranty.

I replaced a couple last year (the infamous E031 fault) and both householders got compensated for lost generation.

I've been waiting over 2 weeks for a Samil....

Lucky you. I waited over 4 months for 9 Samils. Housing association in Birmingham has 130-odd of them onsite. So far over 20 have failed. Samil have been next to useless in sorting replacements out - deny all knowledge of the claim (despite the same person processing it originally), never phone back and never answer emails.

Buy cheap today, regret at length tomorrow...
Hence the reason unless customer specifies otherwise, for the last 24 months we've only installed SMA and SolarEdge

Reply to Installer needed - Plymouth area to fit replacement Power-one Inverter. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net