Discuss Instant tankless electric water heater? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

DuckyUC

Hi everyone

I try to buy/find a Instant tankless electric water heater in uk
as the flat I living in have no gas
and I want instant hot water supply

I contacted coop energy today and they able to do a upgrade of electric service to 100Amp, so now the question is what is the highest kw/amp water heater I could use?
ModelRecommended BreakerMaximum Amperage @240VRecommended Household Electric ServiceRecommended Minimum Wire Gauge
ECO 273 x 40 Amps DP112.5 Amps200 Amps3 x #8 AWG
ECO 243 x 40 Amps DP100.0 Amps200 Amps3 x #8 AWG
ECO 213 x 40 Amps DP87.5 Amps200 Amps3 x #8 AWG
ECO 182 x 40 Amps DP75.0 Amps150 Amps2 x #8 AWG
ECO 111 x 60 Amps DP57.0 Amps125 Amps1 x #6 AWG
ECO 81 x 40 Amps DP33.0 Amps100 Amps1 x #8 AWG
POU 61 x 30 Amps29.0 Amps100 Amps1 x #10 AWG
POU 3.51 x 30 Amps29.0 Amps100 Amps1 x #10 AWG

I know the ECO 8 is the open it recommend, but is it possible to fit ECO 21/18/11? as there will be a "save margin" for the Max amp use. I prefer the ECO 18 so even at the peak there still 25Amp left

That is a 2Bed 2Bath City Flat locate in Birmingham,UK
So it would be good to have enough power for 2 shower if possible
Household electric service @ Max 100 Amp

I have the similar thread in plumber forum (same title) but moved to here as it become a electrician question!

Household electric service @ Max 100 Amp Single phase from power supplier Coop energy

Hi everyone

I contacted coop energy today and they able to do a upgrade of electric service to 100Amp, so now the question is what is the highest kw/amp water heater I could use?
ModelRecommended BreakerMaximum Amperage @240VRecommended Household Electric ServiceRecommended Minimum Wire Gauge
ECO 273 x 40 Amps DP112.5 Amps200 Amps3 x #8 AWG
ECO 243 x 40 Amps DP100.0 Amps200 Amps3 x #8 AWG
ECO 213 x 40 Amps DP87.5 Amps200 Amps3 x #8 AWG
ECO 182 x 40 Amps DP75.0 Amps150 Amps2 x #8 AWG
ECO 111 x 60 Amps DP57.0 Amps125 Amps1 x #6 AWG
ECO 81 x 40 Amps DP33.0 Amps100 Amps1 x #8 AWG
POU 61 x 30 Amps29.0 Amps100 Amps1 x #10 AWG
POU 3.51 x 30 Amps29.0 Amps100 Amps1 x #10 AWG

I know the ECO 8 is the open it recommend, but is it possible to fit ECO 21/18/11? as there will be a "save margin" for the Max amp use. I prefer the ECO 18 so even at the peak there still 25Amp left
I think you need an electrician!

Yes you are right I am not go to install in myself as I want to alive, but the problem is I have to order these from US seller as UK don't have much instant electric water heater(most ppl in uk use instant gas heater/electric storage heater) so I want to know which one suitable for me, in term of both safety and comfort. I already send few email to local electrician about the same question and waiting for reply.

Yes you are right I am not go to install in myself as I want to alive, but the problem is I have to order these from US seller as UK don't have much instant electric water heater(most ppl in uk use instant gas heater/electric storage heater) so I want to know which one suitable for me, in term of both safety and comfort. I already send few email to local electrician about the same question and waiting for reply.
Usa stuff will probably not work over here anyway, you need to re-think your plan! Or search uk sites as i have just done for electric boilers Electric Combination Boilers by Redring, Trianco, EHC + More.

omg, why the instant electric water heater so much more expensive in uk!

omg, why the instant electric water heater so much more expensive in uk!

Thanks, it seem for some reason the single phase instant electric water heater in uk can't have a power beyond 12kw? I try but can't find the reason/document about this limit, if anyone know why please let me know!

Hi,

I hope you already found what you looking for.
100A/240V one phase will be 24000W (or 24KW) huge for domestic single instant as demand.

Think about the lime scale inhibitor as well (for water you warm up)
In some UK areas the water it is very hard.

Options:

Lime Scale Inhibitor &

1. 1 big instant electric heater 27KW for entire house. or,
  2. 1 electric boiler for entire house hot water preparation or,
  3. One or a few(3-5) electric instants heaters as Electric shower(8KW), Sinks Water Heater (3.5KW) …

An electric boiler (B)will be I think the better solution probably for your needs.

Try as well a little chat with an electrician about your detail as advice at least.
Some web addresses:
Ecosmart Electric Tankless Water Heater review
Under Sink Water Heater Unvented Water Heaters at CNM Online UK

Thank you.

bertt.

Whats the matter with an immersion heater in the flipping cupboard...that way you can run a bath without nit running cold, you can make use of cheaper electricity overnight and just ensure you insulate the tank properly, you can run a power shower from it, can't do that with an instant, and Instantaneous water heaters are a real pain in the bum when they go wrong.

Lime Scale issue are not the problem as birmingham have a very soft water in the country(only harder than Manchester)

Immersion heater are too slow, I really hate waiting an hour for the water warming up when I come back from a trip.

I just find the highest power instant water heater is about 14.4kw, know which brand are good? As ecosmart are us brand may not fit uk regulation?(also repair problem)

the
pain in the bum is the reason I try to find a good instant heater with a decent temp control which is why the ecosmart look good to me.

Lime Scale issue are not the problem as birmingham have a very soft water in the country(only harder than Manchester)

Immersion heater are too slow, I really hate waiting an hour for the water warming up when I come back from a trip.

I just find the highest power instant water heater is about 14.4kw, know which brand are good? As ecosmart are us brand may not fit uk regulation?(also repair problem)

the
pain in the bum is the reason I try to find a good instant heater with a decent temp control which is why the ecosmart look good to me.
Fit a timer to the immersion, or/and rf control via the internet on your smartphone

Um... Can you recommend the brand in UK have these function, I can forget about the instant heat idea

- - - Updated - - -

the rf control via the internet,not just the timer

Chap, there is a good reason why the biggest domestic instant water heater is rated at about 15kW, that is because it will draw some 65.22A from a single phase supply and depending on how the cable is installed (insulation, buried in walls etc) and what cable is used it would not only look damned ugly, but would be something in the region of 16mm² or possibly 25mm² SWA! To work this out accurately would need to know actual circuit specs, but do you start to understand?

If you bought the 24kW unit on your list that will draw some 104A from the supply which would be either a 25mm² or a 35mm² SWA...wholly impractical.

I try to google a decent 14.4kw instant water heater which exist in uk and forget the us heater idea, any brand recommended?
I find EHC Fusion but not sure are they good? Too few brand offer these product.

Yes I understand the idea now, The max amp for household is 100A, the max amp for heater at 60A, about 60% of the Max limit leave 40% "save margin"

Best 14.4kw+ Single Phase Instant electric water heater exist in UK?

Hi everyone

looking for a water heater that:

Instant Heat up water (no more 1 hour waiting)
Use Electric (no gas no coal no LPG)
Single Phase (no money upgrade to 3 Phase,no sure is it even possible for a flat)
14.4kw+ power (looking for higher power for 2 bathroom,14.4kw are the highest power I seen so far in uk)
Do sale and exist in uk (maintain/repair/UK regulation issue)

Any brand you know with comment are great!whatever good or bad

more detail:
My flat in birmingham have soft water,lime scale is not an issue(5X softer than london)
Able to upgrade the household electric service to 100Amp

many thanks for your help!
my last post about america heater
http://www.electriciansforums.net/e...kless-electric-water-heater-2.html#post772440

Re: Best 14.4kw+ Single Phase Instant electric water heater exist in UK?

[h=1][/h][h=2]EHC Slim Jim 14.4kW[/h]EHC Fusion 14.4KW[h=2]EHC Fusion Electric System Boiler 14.4 KW[/h][h=1][/h][h=1]Comet 14.4kW Electric Boiler[/h]Any other brand? not much I found on google

Reply to Instant tankless electric water heater? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock