Discuss Instant Water Heaters in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Chector

Hi,
I have a customer who doesn't have gas to the house, doesn't want oil and doesn't want an immersion heater or hot water tank. The have asked me for an electrical solution. Could anyone recommend an instantaneous water heater suitable for a 2 bed house.

Thanks

Chris

Hi,
I have a customer who doesn't have gas to the house, doesn't want oil and doesn't want an immersion heater or hot water tank. The have asked me for an electrical solution. Could anyone recommend an instantaneous water heater suitable for a 2 bed house.

Thanks

Chris

Is this to be used for all hot water throughout the property?

For the shower, I would use a en "electric" shower, funny that, I bet you thought I was going to say Coal fired.

For hot water on the sink and bath, you could link these both to a 9.5kW instant water heater under the sink cupboard or under bath maybe.

And the kitchen downstairs, again, a 9.5kW instant water heater under the sink cupboard.

I have fitted a number of them, these ones to be precise.

Galaxy GAP95 Powerstream Unvented Instant Water Heater 9.5kW | Water Heaters | NoLinkingToThis

They are really good, very hot water, only snag is that you will need to run a 10mm to each water heater.

The only other issue I could see would be the amount it would draw, as it someones in the shower for example, theres 9.5kW on a good shower, then someone does the washing up and puts the kettle on at the same time, theres another 3kW and 9.5kW, so thats about 22kW, which is: 95A, which is a lot really isnt it, may or may not cause you any issues depending on your main service fuse size, but I would want to ensure you have very good terminations in the consumer unit with that draw.

Thanks for the replies. The 14KW Hubbell looks like a good option, its a 2 bed house that the owner intends to rent out. So this maybe the best solution. 60A draw is quite exciting though and I take UKSparks point on board although they ay not need the electric shower with this it of kit. Thanks for the help.

Reply to Instant Water Heaters in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net