Discuss Instrument engineering -- a request for help in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

moxnaty

Dear Colleagues,

please, help me with the following thing:

I have to construct a magnetic stimulator -- a device which induces eddy currents in a test sample. The schematic diagram is simple: RCL resonant circuit with a powerful capacitor (3kW) and a coil (fields up to 2T)... diode, thyristor, power unit and power amplifier. I have a diploma on instrument engineering, but I have no so much of a practical experience -- just graduated from an university, do not know where to start and how to build such a device. Advice me, please, share your experience or useful references/links to books/articles about how to create some device out of nothing in practice, especially about magnetic stimulators.

My approximate work plan outline is:
1. Modelling of the coils -- to select the appropriate parameters for the order on manufacture.
2. Simulation of the electrical circuit of the device - the choice of elements.
3. Designing of a printed circuit board...
4. Give drawings of the device and electric components to the production?

I would like to ask you to correct my work plan, if it is no so difficult for you -- how it is working in real life, what I missed or forget, what programs is better for use (freeware/open-source for windows/UNIX if possible, please).

Many thanks for your help!

Excuse me, please, if it is not a place for such issues/questions as mine. I would be glad if you could be so kind to advise me where it would be much better to ask for a help on this.

With best wishes,
Dmitry

Dear Colleagues,

please, help me with the following thing:

I have to construct a magnetic stimulator -- a device which induces eddy currents in a test sample. The schematic diagram is simple: RCL resonant circuit with a powerful capacitor (3kW) and a coil (fields up to 2T)... diode, thyristor, power unit and power amplifier. I have a diploma on instrument engineering, but I have no so much of a practical experience -- just graduated from an university, do not know where to start and how to build such a device. Advice me, please, share your experience or useful references/links to books/articles about how to create some device out of nothing in practice, especially about magnetic stimulators.

My approximate work plan outline is:
1. Modelling of the coils -- to select the appropriate parameters for the order on manufacture.
2. Simulation of the electrical circuit of the device - the choice of elements.
3. Designing of a printed circuit board...
4. Give drawings of the device and electric components to the production?

I would like to ask you to correct my work plan, if it is no so difficult for you -- how it is working in real life, what I missed or forget, what programs is better for use (freeware/open-source for windows/UNIX if possible, please).

Many thanks for your help!

Excuse me, please, if it is not a place for such issues/questions as mine. I would be glad if you could be so kind to advise me where it would be much better to ask for a help on this.

With best wishes,
Dmitry

Moxnaty,

I'm not sure if the following book link will be of help to you? Haven't really coved much in the electronic field.

Follow link,
click on free user,
wait for seconds count down,
When save box appears click save and download.

Link:

Hand Book of Printed Circuits

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

Hope this helps!

Warren

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Instrument engineering -- a request for help in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock