• IMPORTANT: The thread you're reading / posting in, could be in a DIY electrical advice area. Please be aware of your local laws. You're not allowed to provide advice to, or seek advice from, DIYers and fellow professionals in some States, Countries, Countys etc with regards to some types of electrical installations or repairs. Keep that in mind. If it's against the law where you are - always get a professional electrician in to carry out the works instead of doing it yourself. The forum will not be held responsible for any outcome of any applications of any advice sought from it.
Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Insulating stud wall containing lighting cables in the DIY Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi
I'm renovating a 1920s terrace and have stripped the lathe and plaster off a stud wall to an upstairs bedroom. I'm resurfacing the stud wall with sound insulated plasterboard and filling the voids with Rockwhool sound insulation.
Part of the wall contains existing light cables and a light switch.
What is the correct way to insulate around the cables (or protect the cables) and switch as I understand that insulating can derate the cables?
Currently the cables are hanging down through holes drilled through the noggins so I understand they need to be supported and in a prescribed zone. I have no intention of attempting to change any wiring just to corectly position and protect the existing wiring.
Many thanks,
Neil

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You must be logged in to see the message.

Reply to Insulating stud wall containing lighting cables in the DIY Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Top Bottom