Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Insulation resistance/impendance of non-conducting floors and walls??? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi guys,

Im trying to find out the instrument used and the units it measured in for Insulation resistance/impendance ofnon-conducting floors and walls

am i right in saying

Instrument used =Magneto-ohmeterand test electrodes

Units = ohms and in 0.01's

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
I have only ever done this test at an hospital and then I was only observing but if my memory isn't failing me I think it was done with a normal insulation resistance tester

For a normal LV installation Ithink you set the meter to 500volt for HV you set it to 1000, as I recall.But I can't for the life of me remember what values you should be expecting

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
old age and/or altzeimers, malc.

I have to admit Archy how much I love the tinternet I often just plain forget that you can google most things and get the answer.......................... We are all becoming redundant

E

Engineer54

Similar tests using the same test equipment are required for both conductive and non-conductive flooring. At one time UK Hospital operating theaters had non-conductive flooring, but these day's it 's conductive flooring to meet the IT derived PA/PE earthing requirements.

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

Reply to Insulation resistance/impendance of non-conducting floors and walls??? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Top Bottom