Discuss Insulation resistance/impendance of non-conducting floors and walls??? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulthemagpie

Regular EF Member
Hi guys,

Im trying to find out the instrument used and the units it measured in for Insulation resistance/impendance ofnon-conducting floors and walls

am i right in saying

Instrument used =Magneto-ohmeterand test electrodes

Units = ohms and in 0.01's

malcolmsanford

Electrician's Arms
I have only ever done this test at an hospital and then I was only observing but if my memory isn't failing me I think it was done with a normal insulation resistance tester

For a normal LV installation Ithink you set the meter to 500volt for HV you set it to 1000, as I recall.But I can't for the life of me remember what values you should be expecting

E

Engineer54

Similar tests using the same test equipment are required for both conductive and non-conductive flooring. At one time UK Hospital operating theaters had non-conductive flooring, but these day's it 's conductive flooring to meet the IT derived PA/PE earthing requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Permanent unswitched live colour?

• Brown

Votes: 99 72.3%
  • Black

Votes: 38 27.7%

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.