Discuss Insulation resistance/impendance of non-conducting floors and walls??? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Im trying to find out the instrument used and the units it measured in for Insulation resistance/impendance ofnon-conducting floors and walls

am i right in saying

Instrument used =Magneto-ohmeterand test electrodes

Units = ohms and in 0.01's

I have only ever done this test at an hospital and then I was only observing but if my memory isn't failing me I think it was done with a normal insulation resistance tester

For a normal LV installation Ithink you set the meter to 500volt for HV you set it to 1000, as I recall.But I can't for the life of me remember what values you should be expecting

Similar tests using the same test equipment are required for both conductive and non-conductive flooring. At one time UK Hospital operating theaters had non-conductive flooring, but these day's it 's conductive flooring to meet the IT derived PA/PE earthing requirements.

Reply to Insulation resistance/impendance of non-conducting floors and walls??? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock