Discuss Insulation Resistance testing of Emergency Lighting circuits in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

G

Guest 004

This is proving to be a pain in the backside. It just impractical to disconnect the emergency, as they are hard wired. So apart from putting notes on the test sheets, how can I get good readings, at present I am getting 100 ohms on all conductors, with emergency connected. When the emergency's were removed from the circuitry, readings were greater than 200 megs.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

IQ where are you:)

It is actually a new install, nothing was tested before the fittings were installed. For whatever reason

Reg 612.3.3 just do the test between lives connected together and the CPC. I know it is an initial verification as such, but your just the tester, and so I assume that is the only part of the EIC you will sign.

I would do it at 250v first and as it is an initial verification if you got good results do another at 500v. The 500v between LIVES-EARTHS should not cause you any problems.

Hi MrEnigma, I will do the same as Malcolmsanford suggested by putting the neutral and live wires together and test them against earth with the lamps in, first at 250v and then at 500v. I think you will get the right readings by this method. Hope this helps

Reply to Insulation Resistance testing of Emergency Lighting circuits in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock