Discuss Insurance companies in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

it's because they've got us by the short and curlys. you have to have it. just like gas and leccy.

Once upon a time diesel cost less than petrol (yes, I'm old enough to remember that ... ). Why does it now cost so much more? Because most diesel drivers (vans, lorries) can't opt to walk or go by bus, we have to keep paying and filling up. If the government really cared about helping business they'd reduce the duty on diesel and give us all a break.

PJ

Diesel duty went up because more diesel cars (rather than commercial) came on the road and the government was losing money, can't have that.

Same for insurance, I keep saying how can they raise prices by 30% per year, and get the response it is more expensive for us now and we wouldn't be able to stay in business if we did not raise prices.
Ah what you are telling me is you have a bad business model and just raise prices to keep it afloat, you are not a viable business.
If I did that I would be charging £200/hour because I can't afford to buy a new television every year!

Once upon a time diesel cost less than petrol (yes, I'm old enough to remember that ... ). Why does it now cost so much more? Because most diesel drivers (vans, lorries) can't opt to walk or go by bus, we have to keep paying and filling up. If the government really cared about helping business they'd reduce the duty on diesel and give us all a break.

PJ
I can remember petrol costing six shillings & eight pence a gallon!

Anyone beat that?

fuel, insurance food, beer,they won,t be coming down in price & this tanker strike won't help anybody.:nonod:

Diesel duty went up because more diesel cars (rather than commercial) came on the road and the government was losing money, can't have that.

Same for insurance, I keep saying how can they raise prices by 30% per year, and get the response it is more expensive for us now and we wouldn't be able to stay in business if we did not raise prices.
Ah what you are telling me is you have a bad business model and just raise prices to keep it afloat, you are not a viable business.
If I did that I would be charging £200/hour because I can't afford to buy a new television every year!
Can you afford to raise your hourly rate to match the raise of living cost?
The answer is no because you will loose jobs ,somebody it will do it cheaper but this people get away with that because they are the government itself.

When i first started driving the excess charge on any claim was voluntary, not compulsory!! (2 different prices) I can remember going into the insurance brokers with my dad and the broker asking if he wanted the excess, remember dad saying, ....What's the point in paying for insurance, if you end up paying a lump of it yourself?? lol!! Times have changed all round these days!! lol!!

Don't know why honest people bother with insurance...

I get stung for a huge premium on my bog standard family car, despite my 10 years no claims and clean driving license, partly because of bull**** whiplash claims and partly down to uninsured drivers...

What does an uninsured person get fined if they get caught? A damn sight less than I pay per year... and that's IF they get caught...

Great article in the Mail the other day about a whiplash claim against the writers car insurance following a VERY minor collision (no damage to either vehicle!) Insurance company apparently didn't want to know about the claim being clearly fake, because it gave them an excuse to remove their customers no-claims discount and make them pay £800 extra every year...

Reply to Insurance companies in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock