Discuss insurance is a nuisance .... read this in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

i=p/u

Electrician's Arms
With regards to our conversation please find enclosed the quotation for liability insurance under the trade of Electrician.

Terms:
(SE16) The Company shall not indemnify the Insured in respect of any claim arising from or in connection with the erection of external aerials, aerial masts or satellite dishes.

(SE17) The Company shall not indemnify the Insured in respect of any claim arising from or in connection with the failure of any fire or intruder alarm, lock switchgear, control panel or machinery to perform its intended function.

(SE51) The Company shall not indemnify the Insured in respect of any claim arising from or in connection with work on 3 phase electrical installations, controls or machinery.

(SE60) The Company shall not indemnify the Insured in respect of any claim arising from or in connection with work in or on any motor vehicle.

You would be covered under this trade to carry out PAT Testing as long as it is on small commercial buildings and domestic properties only. Under no circumstances would you be covered to carry out 3 Phase work.

There would be a £100 excess on this policy for £2,000,000 public liability (we cannot provide a quote for professional indemnity).

The premium for the year comes to £85.54 (which includes insurance premium tax and our admin fee of £16.00).

With regards to our conversation please find enclosed the quotation for liability insurance under the trade of Electrician.

Terms:
(SE16) The Company shall not indemnify the Insured in respect of any claim arising from or in connection with the erection of external aerials, aerial masts or satellite dishes.

(SE17) The Company shall not indemnify the Insured in respect of any claim arising from or in connection with the failure of any fire or intruder alarm, lock switchgear, control panel or machinery to perform its intended function.

(SE51) The Company shall not indemnify the Insured in respect of any claim arising from or in connection with work on 3 phase electrical installations, controls or machinery.

(SE60) The Company shall not indemnify the Insured in respect of any claim arising from or in connection with work in or on any motor vehicle.

You would be covered under this trade to carry out PAT Testing as long as it is on small commercial buildings and domestic properties only. Under no circumstances would you be covered to carry out 3 Phase work.

There would be a £100 excess on this policy for £2,000,000 public liability (we cannot provide a quote for professional indemnity).

The premium for the year comes to £85.54 (which includes insurance premium tax and our admin fee of £16.00).

OP
i=p/u

i=p/u

Electrician's Arms
its a joke... ive been told we dont do indeminty but liability, and loads of other bull... doe you find it awkward too

telectrix

Disrespected Scouser
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
i went to simply business. most companies exclude 3 phase on the basic policy.

D

drew35

It would have been quicker for them to just write:

The Company shall not indemnify the Insured in respect of any claim against anything!

Its like my van content and tools cover on my van insurance, when I renewed wording changed to "whilst loading or unloading only". When I asked them to clarify they said it meant I was only covered against theft whilst I was loading or unloading the van, derr! So I said "basically I'm covered against theft from my van only whilst I'm standing there?". "Yes"! "That's a lot of good then! You can poke that policy!"

Rob Smith 643

Regular EF Member
Napit will do a combined PL/PI or a PI. They don't do a straight PL only. I had a quote today for £206 and pennies for PL/PI, 2 mil PL 250K PI, £3,000 tools. Anyone had better. Its the PI that bumps it up. Best quote from simplybusiness was £340 for PL/PI.

VoltzElectrical

Regular EF Member
Napit will do a combined PL/PI or a PI. They don't do a straight PL only. I had a quote today for £206 and pennies for PL/PI, 2 mil PL 250K PI, £3,000 tools. Anyone had better. Its the PI that bumps it up. Best quote from simplybusiness was £340 for PL/PI.
As I said, well worth checking out. They don't want loads of details, and price is based on turnover. Got my vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.