Discuss Intake behind bath taps in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Ha I cant believe that...

Ive seen it all now...

I suppose if your sat relaxed in the bath and a fuse blows you haven't got far to go, saves getting out the bath and stumbling downstairs in the dark...instead you can just fumble around in the dark for the fuse while still keeping warm in the bath...perfectly safe... :D

Sent from my Xperia S using next doors WIFI.

Here's the board again, I'm in the process of changing it... It has Perspex sliding doors then, 2 wooden cupboard doors in front of that. There's no rubber seal or anything to keep it water tight.. What would you recommend?
That's different. Apart from the obviously barking mad location I would be concerned about condensation building up in there. Is there any ventilation or free air movement with the doors closed? Rather than perspex doors you could try those secondary double glazing panels cut to size with the correct runners etc.

Also is the possibility of putting a small fan in there with an overrun facility that triggers when the lights are turned on that would cause an over pressure in the cabinet making it harder for water vapour to enter?

I take it they didn't want it moving totally of of the room?

Are the DNO aware of this installation yet?

Surely something has to be said about the lack of safety here?

There are so many outcomes that could pass through your mind when looking at this but I think most would result in death!

Perhaps a few photo's to the DNO are required, you never know they may cut the supply until the situation has been rectified;)

:thumbsup

From a Sparky's point of view it's heaven being able to lounge in the bath, bubbles, cables, light music and being able to observe your CU and watch the meter whirring around :)
Surely if the DNO aren't told now it will be picked up when Smart meters are rolled out?

Who's idea was the perspex doors - customers? If so then surely they know or suspect it isn't safe?

Intake behind bath taps {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Here's the board again, I'm in the process of changing it... It has Perspex sliding doors then, 2 wooden cupboard doors in front of that. There's no rubber seal or anything to keep it water tight.. What would you recommend?

It has the advantage of the occupant of the bath being able to reset the MCB without the inconvenience of getting out of the bath. ...... I like it !!! :)

Good GOD!

I have never seen anything so stupid in my life!

Does the householder actually use the bath??????

I'd be scared sh1tle55 of ever setting foot in the bath.

This is maddness, they call it madness..

I agree with telectrix.. Has to be a plumbers handy work, a spark would have least put the taps the other end..

Mind Boggling to say the least!!!

I'll never understand how someone could deem this safe???

I mean judging by the over-soldering of the pipes under the bath the plumber must have thought of future leak-proofing or am I being equally as daft? Joking....

In my opinion the plumber could be brought to rights if they can locate him, regardless of who's regulation it comes under he has created a death trap and as mentioned before once the seal goes on the bath or the tap fittings leak then it will run directly into the cutout. Building regs, DNO's regs and basic H&S have all been breached here and regardless of where exactly there is a reg against it it still comes down to a serious danger and should be brought up with the owner and reported to the DNO... its your duty as an Electrician to ensure this danger is at least looked into by the DNO with thought on re-siting the cutout to an outside wall and/or a plumber to see if alterations can be made to resolve the obvious danger.
Ignoring this could be costly and although its DNOs property and the plumber fault the fact you are doing electricals on the installation means its your responsibilty to take steps to see a solution for the hazard.

Reply to Intake behind bath taps in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock