Discuss Interesting advertising in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

James

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
so, I was looking through google news this morning and i saw and advert for a device that I thought was
TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE

interesting that the device shown in the independant news footage is not the same as the little plug in unit that they are selling.

Now I was under the impression that domestic meters in the uk measure in Kwh not in Kva and therefore don't penalise us for having a poor power factor.

the advert from google actually states that it can reduce your bill by up to 90% and it states that it is an independant review site.
when you go to the sales site, this estimate drops considerably to 20 to 30%

have a look and discuss.
but in my opinion, unless you are going to do an independent evaluation of the device, I would not rush out and buy one!!
"review"

Sales site

My Internet security package won't even let me look at it, citing it as a scam.

But you only need to read, Cuts your bills, or Slashes your bills to know that it is.

I did find some reviews where it's claimed that Voltex removes Carbon from the circuit to allow current to flow freely.

Then I found an amusing comment at the end,

Interesting advertising Voltex.PNG - EletriciansForums.net

Last edited:
Does remind me of the click bait ...
" This simple action can save you 50-90% of the energy. "
( Turn your breakers off , for forgotten items ...)
..Oh and do check freezer in garage !

..Must be Hot tubs..!
..Capacitance is sapping your energy ..
simple action Does something Half Science --Mostly LIES _

I’ve seen those ads;
“This simple trick will slash your bills!” And it’s got a picture of someone turning off a mcb...

well, of course turning off your electric and not using ANY is going to save you money....

And speaking of misleading advertising.... I just posted this before I read this thread...

Any of you Hi-Fi buffs? It so, what is your take on the uni-directional copper cables for speakers?
are they them cables that only allow electrons to flow 1 way, thus eliminating feedback?

I hope thats the oxygen free copper cable?
To be fair, pretty much all high conductivity copper for electrical purposes is low, or "oxygen free".

Oxygen is injected into the smelting process for copper as it oxidises the impurities to remove them. If the copper is targeted for electrical use/grade then the final part of the process in copper production is to remove the oxygen content, this isn't needed for some copper grades.

If a manufacturer states its oxygen free - it implies they don't use the correct grade of copper normally!!!!

Interesting advertising conductivity-materials-infographic - EletriciansForums.net

Last edited:
To be fair, pretty much all high conductivity copper for electrical purposes is low, or "oxygen free".
Just in case you thought I was being serious, I wasn't. I just get fed up of hearing hifi 'experts' insisting that they can hear the difference between stupidly expensive 'oxygen free' cables fitted with gold plugs and standard cable.

all millenium speakers are ac/dc, gender neutral, that's why radio 1 play so much crap. offensive to all.

Just in case you thought I was being serious, I wasn't. I just get fed up of hearing hifi 'experts' insisting that they can hear the difference between stupidly expensive 'oxygen free' cables fitted with gold plugs and standard cable.
Nah, I agree with you, stupidly expensive for at best 1-2% reduction in resistivity and absolutely no difference in sound quality !

Just saying there is such a thing as low/O2 free copper, which is not worth it, whilst the "saver" the OP highlighted is something between completely dishonest to damn right dangerous.

Reply to Interesting advertising in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock