Discuss Interesting EICR from 2017 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Gavin John Hyde

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
Letting agent who has just taken on a tenanted property has sent me an EICR to look at. need remedials sorting out.
Will likely do another EICR before anything else as looking at it doesn't fill me with confidence.

The landlord paid £120 for this plus VAT in 2017. not worth paper it is printed on as far as I can tell. Little things such as 3036 missing instead of rewireable on the schedule.
If the main protective bonding is missing then how can it be copper?
Whole report looks a bit half arsed and lack of effort.

I have removed identifying information but the quality of this EICR is awful, amazes me that people think this is acceptable. For some reason landlord never got remedials done due to a falling out with said electrician.

Tenants moving out soon so time for new EICR this time done properly.

Attachments

• EICR to review-page-001-converted.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 99
it is finely polished turd.

cant figure out what is wrong with cooker circuit.
30A fuse, 6mm T & E
listed as inadequate overload protection for oven.
could spend all evening ripping this to pieces but i think a site visit is required.

Think the decimal points in the wrong place for the PFC . More like 0.447 as said need to look at that Ze but if could be a tnce and wrong box ticked . Yes best just do a new EICR a lot more could of change in 3 years

Could one conclusion be drawn that it is likely to be false economy for a landlord or homeowner to employ the services of a "cheap" as chips internet EICR service because they're likely to be landed with a boat load of remedials which the said service hopes will be work going their way?

Reply to Interesting EICR from 2017 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Has anyone had encounters with rogue landlords? I will tell my short story (and keep it as short as possible) I had a call a few weeks back from...
Replies
Views
We are new landlords and have just got an EICR done. The building is only 5 years old so I am shocked that remedial work has been noted as...
Replies
Views
NAPIT Certification Scheme Fraudulent EICR, who to contact?
I hope somebody can help me here, I really need some advice on who to complain to in this situation please: Hello, So after months of chasing my...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a question regarding certification if anyone can constructively help please... I am a registered domestic installer (looking to go...
Replies
Views
Morning all So the site I'm based at recently had some work done (think partitioners). This package of work included electrical. This was...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock