Bulk Workwear - Clothing Suppliers for the Whole Forum Network
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Interesting video for smart meter fitting in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Gavin John Hyde

-
Arms
Esteemed
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Came across this video online, its one of the training videos they give to smart meter fitters at the training shed.
not sure about the way they go about polarity testing, testing a couple sockets can give a mixed outcome, 2 sockets doesn't mean the rest is okay. what about other circuits?

T

The Ghost

S'pose they have to have robots like that to roll out this smart meter fitting. Otherwise they could never do it. Sheesh!

T

Toneyz

Them two look as if they are going to get up to something as soon as the director says cut.

snowhead

-
Mentor
The only way I'd accept that they are Smart is if it could swop suppliers continually to get me the cheapest rate and produce data to prove it.

pirate

-
Arms
Esteemed
AnthonyBragg, I agree! Indeed, I think they may have been there already. Let me just mention that having watched this video very carefully, the lovely lady in the blue dress is wearing a yellow bra throughout, except the final bit where she is back in the van, at which point she is wearing a black one...
Doesn't say much for "continuity"...

(Hands up those who re-watched the video!)

PEG

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
AnthonyBragg, I agree! Indeed, I think they may have been there already. Let me just mention that having watched this video very carefully, the lovely lady in the blue dress is wearing a yellow bra throughout, except the final bit where she is back in the van, at which point she is wearing a black one...
Doesn't say much for "continuity"...

(Hands up those who re-watched the video!)
Lovely observation,fella....you have now passed,the "inspection" part of the exam.......we dare not set you a "test" practical...:p

PEG

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
I didn't think i could be arsked to watch that tripe....but i did...and i'm glad...

Now i have learned,you can re-prove,a volt stick...

Next thing we know,all soothsayers,clairvoyants and mentalists,will have to go on a polygraph,at the end of their show...

Lister1987

-
Trainee
Supporter
And the most glaring mistake I noticed was....no lockout tagout, granted he was working alone and only the customer was present but that ---- breds complacency, pH and no use of a torque screwdriver on the terminals 😂

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Reply to Interesting video for smart meter fitting in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Scolmore Electrical Products
Top Bottom