Discuss Intermediate switch in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

sr2kuk

-
Reaction score
Im a little confused on this one, however may be simple to others. A client has requested that they no longer want an intermediate switch on their lighting circuit which also includes two other 2way switches. They want it completely gone.

I want to do the job with least disruption. However a blank plate will not do.. They want the sw completely plastered over.

my thinking: i could joint cables through.. But if plastered over there will be live cables in wall which will not be zoned...

Suggestions welcome!!!!

But if plastered over there will be live cables in wall which will not be zoned...

Suggestions welcome!!!!

Stick a blank on it
or tell them to keep it
or jb it above ceiling or below floor (depending which way cables run)
or tell them your not doing it
or do it, stick blank on it and tell them to do what they want with the blank plate once you've left and leave them a tub of filler.

what a joy it is to be in a part of the country where we don't have plastered walls everywhere but as said i would try and joint them where they come down or up the wall but knowing some peoples luck you will have one coming down and one up lol

it IS simple........decommission the strappers that are already there, plaster over the hole where the intermediate went and install a new cable as per reg's requirements.

Your travel time and getting the kit in and out of the van will probably take longer than doing the job.

Lets work through the problem together

1/ The job must cause Least disruption
2/ No sign of switch plate left
3/ Do cables generally run within 50mm from the wall's surface?
4/ who will do the plasterwork?
5/ will tea and biscuits be provided?

Reply to Intermediate switch in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock