Discuss Intermediate switches please help! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

R1nutty

Hi people
hoping someone can answer my question on whether or not the following is possible;

i have 3 kitchen lights with the light (switched) lives each going to 3 different switches.

i then have a 3 core and earth wire going between each switch, so basically your standard 2way switching with an intermediate in the middle.

the problem I am having trying to work out is how to control all 3 lights from any 1 of the positions when the light feeds are all going to different switches!!
Each switch also has a permanent live and neutral going to them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try drawing a wiring diagram for the lights first. You say you have a neutral going to the switch.. Is this connected to the switch or just fed through with connector clock

Connect your switched lives to the 3 core brown in each switch

(This means 3 browns at the intermediate with a connector block
Then black and greys on the incoming and outgoing as normal

At one of the 2 way switches connect the incoming live to common of 2-way switch
Connect Black to outgoing + connect Grey to other out going
Connect switched live to brown in a connector block

The other 2 unused lives in the other switches can be ditched

At other 2 way connect grey to outgoing,connect black to other out going
Connect the 2 Browns of switched lives to common of this 2 way switch

Last edited:
Hi many thanks for your responses, yes neutral is just in a connector block, I'm just gona do a diagram based on your info des. Many many thanks only just registered on this site tonight and well impressed!! Hopefully I can help some of you guys out in the future!! ;)

Hi many thanks for your responses, yes neutral is just in a connector block, I'm just gona do a diagram based on your info des. Many many thanks only just registered on this site tonight and well impressed!! Hopefully I can help some of you guys out in the future!! ;)

What a night, just watched diy sos and now a this ! I've become all emotional:laugh3:

Reply to Intermediate switches please help! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock