Discuss Intermittent fault Gloworm Ultracom HXI Condensing Heat only Boiler in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I've seen others that have similar fault to this boiler.
All functions work apart from the target temperature
is not reached as of this week. The fault was evident for
two 6 month heating 'seasons' but last year the fault rectified itself and the boiler temperature reached target temperature when I checked it (when looking at the function). When operating correctly the gasvalve was seen to be open as the screen readout showed 5 segments on the
verticle 'arrows' & then modulated to one when near the target temp ( 60C ). When faulty the Gas valve modulated to one 'arrow'( low heat) 10 deg C less than it should have done. As it's in my holiday caravan in North Wales I cannot play with it same as if it's in my house but I would say that I would not have one of these troublesome 'postage stamps' any where near my heating system.
I've let this fault do it's own thing as it does keep us warm enough even with the fault. As usual the Gloworm man who I would not knock for a minute mentioned circulation problems but that is most definitely not attributing to this particular problem.

I immediately thought there may be a fault with the PCB & that may be the case re a bad connection on either the PCB wiring or the wiring to the PCB.

These modulating gas valves can be sticky & I'll have to get the meter on all the items mentioned.
I've ordered a new thermistor to check the value of the ones insitu in case one or both are faulty. Any one please say if you agree that once a thermistor is faulty the resistance does not decrease on temp increase?
If anyone has the same fault and has fixed it I would be grateful to know what was found..... Thank you.

Reply to Intermittent fault Gloworm Ultracom HXI Condensing Heat only Boiler in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock