Discuss Introducing myself as a new forum member in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello Forum Members, I'm new to the forum. I'm a 64 year old Disabled Vet that's on a very meager disability compensation, and at this late date in my life, I have now got to fix things myself again. What I used to be able to fix and what I knew about fixing things is a lot harder and a lot less familiar now than it was 30 years ago. I should never have stopped fixing things.

Welcome to the forum.

How is life over there?

Welcome to the forum.

How is life over there?
Thank You Lou.
It's about the same as it is over there. Contentious between us citizens and those citizens we hired via elections who are supposed to REPRESENT US, but think that they are now our RULERS! I periodically watch your House of Commons on BBC. I personally like the way it's set up over there where the two sides are looking directly at each other versus our semi-circle setup. It's good to look the opponent in the eye and lambast them to their face. LOL

Our lot would be better off NOT facing each other. It brings a simple discussion into personal attacks by being face to face confrontational.

Might be more useful if they just addressed the the Speaker of the House, more akin to a judge in a courtroom.

It wasn’t that long ago that UK parliament was not televised. You would get the press reporters version of what was said/ shouted

Reply to Introducing myself as a new forum member in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi there : I am just posting to introduce myself, stop lurking (!) and to thank the many sparks who so freely share their expertise on this great...
Replies
Views
Hi all! just introducing myself: I'm Florin from Norwich UK, its just great to join this wonderful community. I'm a keen DIY'er now working to...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just introducing myself, I recently qualified as a domestic installer, after many years of doing basic electrical work. I wanted the...
Replies
Views
To all bloggers and staff at Electrical Forums, just want to introduce myself: I trained as an electrician on the Gold Mines in South Africa and...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm new to this forum and just wanted to say hi. I'm in Chicopee, MA, USA for reference. I am not an electrician currently and will...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock