Discuss Intruder Alarm time delay on armed zones in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

birchall101

Hell all,

I have bought and installed a LS400 Intruder Alarm. On testing I have found that when set in the Away Mode, and excluding entry/exit zone/route the following:

If the alarm is activated there is a 15 second delay before the internal sounder operates and a further 30 second delay (total 45 seconds) before the external sounder operates.

Can anyone say if this is standard practice for an intruder alarm?
If so, what are the reason/s for the timed delays?

Birchall101

not familiar with that particular panel. who makes it? are you sure you've programmed the zones as 12hour for instant alarm?

not familiar with that particular panel. who makes it? are you sure you've programmed the zones as 12hour for instant alarm?[/QUOTE

morning

The LS400 is made by Lyntech and is promoted as suitable for the DIYer. There is not mention of 12 or 24 hour setting in the installation manual. But, as I asked, is this delay normal practice in intruder alarm systems?

regards birchall101]

[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://www.lynteck.co.uk/Lynteck%20PDF's/instructions/LY52-000-33.pdf[/FONT][FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]Section 4.9 I think?[/FONT]

- - - Updated - - -

For some reason cannot directly link to it so cut and paste into search bar but it seems very easy to program.

[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://www.lynteck.co.uk/Lynteck%20PDF's/instructions/LY52-000-33.pdf[/FONT][FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]Section 4.9 I think?[/FONT]

- - - Updated - - -

For some reason cannot directly link to it so cut and paste into search bar but it seems very easy to program.

Hello Vaughant,

Thanks for the reply, section 4.9 The delay is for entry exit route. Once the alarm has set there is still a 15 second delay before the internal alarm sounds and a further 30 seconds before the external alarm sounds.

regards Birchall 101

Hello Vaughant,

Thanks for the reply, section 4.9 The delay is for entry exit route. Once the alarm has set there is still a 15 second delay before the internal alarm sounds and a further 30 seconds before the external alarm sounds.

regards Birchall 101

Hello all,

Can I thank all those who tried to help, alas I am still looking for a reason as to why an alarm panel would have a 45 second delay after an attack before the external sounder operates.

regards birchall101

check the programming of the zones. make sure they're not programmed for entry/exit or access. if in doubt phone tech. help. number should be on the installers manual.

Reply to Intruder Alarm time delay on armed zones in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net