Discuss Inverter Air Conditioning Systems anyone? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

Jie

Does anyone know of any air con systems for inverters? because in the summer the loft spaces are going to get roasting and need to think about venting or cooling systems? anyone got any ideas?

inverters are tested up to 70 degrees, so unless your able to slow roast a chicken in your loft i don't think its necessary...

If the heat really is a problem then a little centrif fan and some flexible foil ducting could be used to provide some cooler fresh air. This will be a lot cheaper than installing air-con. You could install a room thermostat to switch it on and off automatically.

I seen in the inverter manuel some of the models we install come with a fan attached to the under side and blow up the aluminium cooling fins, bit like a fan on a car radiater. I havent seen one in the flesh, but the screws holes are there, so you must be able to order them. But unsure if this is applicable to other brands.

we install sunnyboys so i'll check if ther is a cooling fan on those. its just a query because our summers up in scotland have got hotter and are going to continue. the last 3 years ther have been heat waves and the heat in the loft cant be good for the inverter performance. its reallyjust any ideas or products that you have seen if any

Its a valid point , most inverters have electrolytic capacitors and these don't like heat
Larger units with fans will kick in but the inverter might shutdown until temperature lowers
this is one reason why lofts are'nt the best place ie In the periods of higher irradiation the gear you've installed reduces its operating time and in some cases the output could be the same as what you'd expect from a day with half the irradiation levels

most sma's have a cooling system. ' opticool ' that helps keep them from overheating and a longer life span of components

Why fit in the loft if you are worried? Outside maybe?

Reply to Inverter Air Conditioning Systems anyone? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net