Discuss Inverter unbalanced load in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

spionkop

When trying to match an inverter to a PV array I come across figures for 'Unbalanced Load'.
What causes an unbalanced load and how critical is this.

Different number of panels on each string. For example a 11 panel system on two strings. I have always avoided unbalanced and reverted to a different inverter.

Thanks for that guys. I can see that strings with different numbers or sizes can give an unbalanced load but when I put eg. three strings of equal size capacity and manufacture into my software it shows an unbalanced load of 3.3kVA and I just wondered how this could be and if it is acceptable?

Thanks for that guys. I can see that strings with different numbers or sizes can give an unbalanced load but when I put eg. three strings of equal size capacity and manufacture into my software it shows an unbalanced load of 3.3kVA and I just wondered how this could be and if it is acceptable?

I have know manufactures software to allow three strings but their inverter only has two? What is it you are using and on what panels & inverter. I can run it through PV-sol if you give the details. Number of, make and model of panels and inverter make and model? I wouldn't do your design just see what it throws out.

Hi MarkC.
I am planning a 6.6kWp array using Kyocera KD185GH-2PU panels which conveniently split into three strings of 12 panels, through a Fronius IG Plus 70-2 inverter.
Look forward to your findings.

Hi MarkC.
I am planning a 6.6kWp array using Kyocera KD185GH-2PU panels which conveniently split into three strings of 12 panels, through a Fronius IG Plus 70-2 inverter.
Look forward to your findings.

Hi Spinokop

18 Panels on 2 Strings produce a better result on the same inverter. See pic's

Attachments

• Inverter unbalanced load 18 x 2 string.JPG - EletriciansForums.net
    18 x 2 string.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Inverter unbalanced load 12 x 3 String.JPG - EletriciansForums.net
    12 x 3 String.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 52
  • Inverter unbalanced load 12 x 3 string 1.JPG - EletriciansForums.net
    12 x 3 string 1.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 30
  • Inverter unbalanced load 18 x 2 string 1.JPG - EletriciansForums.net
    18 x 2 string 1.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 28
Thank you Markc. I see what you mean so I will go with 2 strings. Apologies for the delay in replying, I have been away.

Reply to Inverter unbalanced load in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock