Discuss Ion 16 installer code in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

contact scantronic to see if there's a way to reset the code/s.

Hi guys installer set installer code but did not tell me how can I get into panel thanks guys looking for the installer code
Why not read the manual in the link that was posted in another thread you started page 28 is what you need to solve your problem

what you need is to find out if you can default codes to factory settings. sometimes it's power down and power up with a link moved or a sequence of numbers on keypad within so many seconds. different makes have different methods, once defaulted, you can then get into programming modes and eventually reset the codes to whatever you want.

what you need is to find out if you can default codes to factory settings. sometimes it's power down and power up with a link moved or a sequence of numbers on keypad within so many seconds. different makes have different methods, once defaulted, you can then get into programming modes and eventually reset the codes to whatever you want.
Tha alarm company changed the engineers code to there’s but did not tell us what the new code was. That’s not right. It’s so you got keep phoning them if there’s a problem on phone tomorrow I want to know what it is. Bad company

alarm co. should not withold the code. might be worth your while paying them a call-out fee to reset it/them. . if it's ADT though , expect a huge cost.

Just read page 28 that’s not to solv my problem
So defaulting the access codes will not solve your problem I don't understand

So you have read page 28 then

Tha alarm company changed the engineers code to there’s but did not tell us what the new code was. That’s not right. It’s so you got keep phoning them if there’s a problem on phone tomorrow I want to know what it is. Bad company
Alarm companies will normally have effacacy insurance so to prevent you tampering with the programming and then trying to claim against them if you have a break in and the alarm does not function they set and hold the engineer code

alarm co. should not withold the code. might be worth your while paying them a call-out fee to reset it/them. . if it's ADT though , expect a huge cost.
See above reply, It would depend on the original install contract / agreement.
Been on the end of one where a customer messed around with a panel then claimed it was the fault of the company that his alarm didn't work when he was broken into, one of the reasons I will only ever install systems that will print a log

I am not paying them. The alarm is mine will phone tomorrow.
As an owner of an alarm company in the past we would never compromise our security by releasing any engineer codes over the phone as you don't know who you are talking to although a note of the call would be logged on the customers file just in case the customer tried to make a claim against us because the alarm failed to do it's job because of customer tampering
All decent alarm companies know how to default the engineer code on most if not all panels unless the previous company has locked it

So back to page 28 and default the access codes and your problem is solved

Reply to Ion 16 installer code in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock