Discuss IP Integrity question in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi , just after a bit of advice.
A customer is asking me to put a small opening in the front of an IP 65 enclosure. He wants a clear lid (like what’s on front of a RCD enclosure) so he can just flip the lid up and adjust something if he needs to. I seem to remember seeing some spring loaded clear covers that have a rubber seal around them. Does this sound familiar to anyone? And if so, what are they called? If I fit one of these, will I keep the IP integrity?
Thank you in advance

i think the BG outdoors range would be your starting point. they have the enclosure for switches, fcu etc but you can choose to put a different accessory in instead. So this could hold whatever he needs and maintain IP - assuming the size is sufficient...

Perhaps you are looking for an IP65 inspection window.
Most of the IP65 rated items tend to have screw down covers rather than flip up lids, though some IP65 enclosures do have clip shut lids.
I would say making a modification to a sealed enclosure such as to maintain the IP rating without the product being designed for the enclosure may be technically demanding.
It might be easier to replace the enclosure with one that already has an openable cover.

Reply to IP Integrity question in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, I am an enthusiast amateur undertaking wiring of two outbuilding under a building notice. I am soon to be subject to a first fix inspection...
Replies
Views
Grateful for a kick in the right direction on the following: a telecomms engineer stated out that an outdoor metal cabinet (earthed & bonded) was...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone :) my first post here. Quick background I'm a newly qualified installer of somewhat advanced years whose just starting out in the...
Replies
Views
Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, A diversity question concerning 2 consumer units fed from 100amp DNO supply Background, So I have an 18th Ed compliant consumer...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock