Discuss Ipad or Sumsung galaxy in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

solarsavings

-
Arms
Reaction score
I have been taking a workbook of installations with me to sales calls to show prospective customers what we do but feel we could present things a little better if we use either the ipad or galaxy.

What do you guys use and why?

I had a Galaxy and TBH found it pretty bad, I'm not a fan of the Android OS. Borrowed an Ipad a few weeks ago and it certainly is a good bit of kit, also the larger screen will give you clearer pictures.

No Discussion, the Ipad with all the apps you can get make it a no-brainer.

I have an ipad and an Android version 4.0 tablet. The ipad runs smoother and the images render quicker, even though I have more RAM in the Android.

The Android is now used just for development testing for apps and courses/sites I create.

Not sure which apps will run on the Ipad, my iPhone now indespensible with the following apps:
Inclinometer
Compass
Camera (duuuh!)
ExifWizard (details of the photos)
Theodolite
Windmeter (we use a lot of cherry pickers for industrial site surveys)
Torch
NavFree (Free SatNav)
LightMeter (for lighting replacement projects)
SMA Sunny Dots
SMA Sunny Portal
SolarEdge (monitoring)
SolarEdge Site Designer
MetOffice Weather
Screwfix Catalogue
Screwfix Toolbox
LateRooms
oh and - McDsFinder :)

Just now need a couple of apps for the commissioning documents (use Notes at the moment) and could almost do away with paper!

Plus others for personal use

What do others use?

SolarTrack is good and free. It overlays the track of the sun onto the camera view so you can see which objects would cause shadow and when

My son has a Samsung which is not bad but I have the iPad 2 which beats it hands down so long as you don't require Adobe Flash which the iPad doesn't support.

In terms of apps for iphone. Have a look at:
Sun Seeker Lite (free) or full
Altimeter (free) - useful for wind calcs.
Solmetric iPV - It looks expensive but I find it hugely useful for horizons and shading objects. If you live in a hilly area, you would be surprised at the difference horizon can make when properly input into PVsol.

Reply to Ipad or Sumsung galaxy in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock