Discuss IPAF Training - Advice in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

RDB85

-
Trainee
Reaction score
All the IPAF ticket does is give you an extra arrow in your quiver to getting a job. That said, a future employer will want to have an all round employee. If you can stump up the cash, it’s a rewarding day and you get to meet people and go high up in the air.
My site overlooked the new building of the Bristol City ground so in the basket of a cherry picker gave good views, expensive views but views all the same.

ipaf, ipismsma, press a button it goes up.press a different button,it goes down.all this crap.soon there will be a £240 course to teach is to pick our noses. wiill this be a PIKMA

ipaf, ipismsma, press a button it goes up.press a different button,it goes down.all this crap.soon there will be a £240 course to teach is to pick our noses. wiill this be a PIKMA

Couldn’t agree more, it’s just a way to make money, and for companies not to pay for the training. It’s something else that I now need in order to fill these Electricians Mate jobs.

I think you need to see it as a skill that some don't have. It will put you higher up the list.
Most sites are getting so hot on having the right cards and training to get on site!

I think you need to see it as a skill that some don't have. It will put you higher up the list.
Most sites are getting so hot on having the right cards and training to get on site!

I never said that I don’t see it as a skill. I see it as a way of making money for another qualification. I’m also not working at the moment but I can’t seem to get a Mates job that doesn’t have IPAF now as a requirement. Also even when I find one they don’t respond or then want 2 recent references.

Did mine just a few weeks ago. Did it with one call training. It's a decent course and good to have an IPAF license under your belt

@RDB85 Ask them if they have an easy payment scheme for a couple of months. You won’t be the only one short of readies needing IPAF for a job.

I’d go with IPAF over PASMA in order to get a job though. Lots of builds with indoor hieght access vehicles especially as an electricians mate with agency.
Perhaps Santa will be good to Him this year (even though Santa doesn’t exist - cover your eyes Buzz!)

We done Pasma on our Level 2. As part of it was to erect a Mobile Scaffold Tower. I will ask the tutors if I need to do a Pasma course.

Last edited:
I’d go with IPAF over PASMA in order to get a job though. Lots of builds with indoor hieght access vehicles especially as an electricians mate with agency.
Perhaps Santa will be good to Him this year (even though Santa doesn’t exist - cover your eyes Buzz!)

Could do with more than Santa being good to me. Need a miracle at this rate to get a job.

Keep trying RDB, if you haven’t sent the letters out to companies yet then put something together over time off at Christmas.
Don’t forget that you can put card or flyers up in the wholesalers in your area.
You just need the first break.

Keep trying RDB, if you haven’t sent the letters out to companies yet then put something together over time off at Christmas.
Don’t forget that you can put card or flyers up in the wholesalers in your area.

I’ve sent emails and messages to over 200 companies. They are either not taking on, or will let me know. I’ve given a Cover Letter and CV into the Wholesalers in Liverpool.

I’ve sent emails and messages to over 200 companies. They are either not taking on, or will let me know. I’ve given a Cover Letter and CV into the Wholesalers in Liverpool.
I laminated cards then stuck them on an A4 - it had a succinct explanation of me and what I could offer. They took a card and probably threw it in the foot well of the van but out of it I got a mentor for 18months and that was just what I and him needed.

I laminated cards then stuck them on an A4 - it had a succinct explanation of me and what I could offer. They took a card and probably threw it in the foot well of the van but out of it I got a mentor for 18months and that was just what I and him needed.

Sounds good. Hopefully the New Year will bring something. I’m going to keep trying.

Reply to IPAF Training - Advice in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock