Discuss iphone cctv (er how?) in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

callumstandring

Now, I have a cctv system, they are ip cameras, and they are linked into my NVR and then connected into my network and PC.

Now do I need a static IP address for my router and then set up a channel in my firewall to allow my iphone to connect through and look at my cctv?

if anyone has ANY clue how this works, please PLEASE, tell me
I found one very interesting cctv quote website but it's actually not helping me with my iphone,

Can anybody else suggest any links to any place that knows how to do it?Or any helpful pointers

Now, I have a cctv system, they are ip cameras, and they are linked into my NVR and then connected into my network and PC.

Now do I need a static IP address for my router and then set up a channel in my firewall to allow my iphone to connect through and look at my cctv?

if anyone has ANY clue how this works, please PLEASE, tell me
I found one very interesting cctv quote website but it's actually not helping me with my iphone,

Can anybody else suggest any links to any place that knows how to do it?Or any helpful pointers

If you've a netgear router you can setup dymanic dns with a company suck as dyndns

What this does is up date a virtual subdomain ie callumstrandring.dyndns.org then what your IP updates it'll update your virtual domain name

As for the port (channel) in the firewall we'd need to know what port the iphone / cctv software uses

Jim

Have you searched for iphone apps. Are you using the free iCamViewer app seems pretty simple.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also check when you view from a PC if it wants to install plugins (which won't be compatible with an iPhone). Unless the cam converts the stream to quicktime it might not be able to view it if it uses javascript, flash or anything else unusual for an iphone. Most IP cams I have come across install a browser plugin when you first connect to them.

Reply to iphone cctv (er how?) in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net