Discuss IR testing MICC in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Bradzz

Hi all
my problem is when IR testing MICC the readings keep droping to 00M ohms:sad_smile: i have 29 circuits to test in a large building, and the circuits i have so far tested have all been 00M Ohms ? could any one offer me some advice please. Bare 2L 1.5mm MICC.
icon3.png
Any other problems i might come accross would be most appricated:D.

Cheers people
icon14.png

When finished with the IR test earth the conductors you just tested to disapate the charge as MICC acts like a capicitor when testing

Hi all
my problem is when IR testing MICC the readings keep droping to 00M ohms:sad_smile: i have 29 circuits to test in a large building, and the circuits i have so far tested have all been 00M Ohms ? could any one offer me some advice please. Bare 2L 1.5mm MICC.
icon3.png
Any other problems i might come accross would be most appricated:D.

Cheers people
icon14.png

Well that's obviously not right is it, so you must have connected loads on these circuits you've tested. What's the values your getting for L-E/N-E?? Really need a lot more information, before anyone can give you guidance...

Hi all
At the DB i disconnect Phase Nuetral linked them together for the lighting circuits, then test to outer of MICC.
also i have tryed P-N/P-E/N-E all the same 00, My brain is hurting as i cant understand why this is happening on all circuits inc socket outlets.
some circuits show a value then just drop off to 00 the tester bleeps each cycle, the time it gets to the second beep this is about every 1 to 2 seconds is down to 00.
Light switches in both positions. i have also broken down some of the circuits and using a wonder lead checked i have the correct Phase and Nuetral.
any other infomation you may require to give me some advice jsut ask.

Thanks all for your help cheers people. and for the quick replies.

is the tester okay? have you pressed the button without connecting it to anything at all to see if it is faulty?

Tester is all good new batts put in the same day, also checked againts my check box. Will take 2 more testers with me.
re checked today all good.

Single phase Board and i have removed each circuit i have tested, removed the nuetral from the nuetral bar, the only thing that is common is the outer of the MICC earth connection to the DB.

all circuits show 00 ohms as in dead short, i understand that 00 Mohms could mean that the value would be lower but not a dead short, but as said the reading is 00 ohms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all just to let you know, LOL the installation came up trumps well alomost, it tested out OK, im still scratching my head.
The only thing thats was different was No people in the building. LOL. oh well all done now, cheers all.

Reply to IR testing MICC in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net