Discuss Is 2330 Level 3 enough to get "Standard Scheme" NVQ 2356? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

torrens75

Long story but I have only got C & G 2330 Level 3 as when we went to sign up for Level 2 the year before, the college told us the 2330 was ending, so they put us on an "equivalent" EAL Level 2 Diploma Electrical Engineering, which in hindsight was not equivalent at all, more engineering than electrical ( suprisingly C & G willl not accept it into the new 2357 even though college said C&G would).

So my only option now is to register for the NVQ 3 2356 by 31/1/13. I know they look for 2330 Level 3, but what about without L2?

Would I still qualify for the cheaper & shorter version, i,e what they call the "standard scheme"?

I know JIB only look for Level 3 2330 & NVQ 3 for Gold Card, theres no mention of Level 2 needed on JIB website.

Any help appreciated.

Torrens I will give a NVQ assessor a call later and ask him directly about your questions.

I believe the way it works is if you dont have your level 3 you must do a knowledge test before starting your nvq.

As for the level 2? The college must make sure you have a level 2 qual (or equivalent) before enrolling you on the level 3. Either way you should be ok to sign up before the cut off date for the existing nvq3.

Cheers paul,

The college really stiched us up last year with telling us that we couldn't do the 2330 l2, we are currently in an official complaint with them as they started people on it sept just gone!

We are trying to get them to register us for the 2330 lv2 exams so we can do them free together with the lv3 exams we r doing now.

They know they have messed up as thhave said they will give us the 17th in may for fRee, but we all want 2330 lv22 exams instead, especially if jib need lvl2 2330 aswell as lv3.

Any help appreciated

I'm in the same position, I think I have all the units for level 2 just not the certificate with the red line down it..? I have my level 3 with the red line down it.
But like someone said I think the level 3 over stands level 2..? Help

Reply to Is 2330 Level 3 enough to get "Standard Scheme" NVQ 2356? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net