Discuss is 236 parts 1 and 2 equal to nvq3? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

snoopyspark

hi everyone this is my first post,

passed my city and guilds 236 parts 1 and 2 also am1 and am2 back in 1991, and i would like to know if these qualifacations are considered to be equal to nvq level 3 As i,m planning to move to italy and believe they require nvq level 3 to recognise my qualifiacations ,thanks in advance for any replies.

They are different qualifications the 2360 1 and 2 and an equivalent (harder though lol) 2330 qualification

The NVQ3 is all work based as far as I know with log books and jobs assessed on site etc.

When I went through my apprenticeship (wasnt long after you) I did'nt complete an NVQ3 and all assessments of my practical ability were done by my employer and after completion of my 2360 1 and 2 and an improvers year I recieved my apprenticeship certificate and was deemed qualified.

I think that if you can prove experience then the nvq3 can be ignored

Ok, here go's.

I'm knocking on 40 and currently driving buses for a so called living since not being able to get back into the buisness.

Started my aprenaship back in 1990 when i left school and got my C&G 236 part 1 & 2 by 1993.

Unfortuneatly the firm i was working for went bust and i never finnished my time.

After many years of trying to get back on the retorical horse i eventualy got round to sitting my C&G 2382-10 in 2008 and then my AM2 in 2009 but have once again hit a brick wall.

Have been gtrawling through most of the various job sites and applying to every job int the trade imaginable i'm still driving buses and getting frustrated with it as i so want to get back into the industry.

Meanwhile out of desperation i enquired to one of those ads that said "Train to be an electrician".

They called me back eventually and it turns out to be "ATL Practical Training LTD", and not knowing arranged for a home visit yesterday evening.

After an hour of his speel it came down to the nity gritty of how much, £5770 with installments or £4900 lump sum, but reading the threads on here i'll be telling them where to get off.

So finaly all i'm really after is some advice on what to do to get off the buses and onto the building game once again.

you've already got some very good qualifications, all you really need now is the nvq 3. what qual's are atl offering for 6 grand? (by the way, don't accept - you're better off signing up with your local college). you'll have to do it as part of the 2357 diploma but, i believe you can just do the nvq part of the qual' + 1 extra unit.

to fulfill your nvq obligations, you need to be working within the industry. getting work isn't easy - what i suggest is writing a letter to several local employers and taking it to them by hand. if they're not employing, offer to work for free on the weekend or whenever you're not on the buses - until you've gained the nvq. then, if you're lucky, they might offer you a permanent position. then again, you could end up struggling like the rest of us.

best of luck, whatever you decide.

hi everyone this is my first post,

passed my city and guilds 236 parts 1 and 2 also am1 and am2 back in 1991, and i would like to know if these qualifacations are considered to be equal to nvq level 3 As i,m planning to move to italy and believe they require nvq level 3 to recognise my qualifiacations ,thanks in advance for any replies.
No they're not.
You would have a few years back been given Grandfather's rights by the JIB, might still get them today (who knows?).

I done an apprenticeship in the mid 80s , JIB had what you have 236, 1&2 , AM1 and AM2 , on completion I was also given
a NVQ level 3 certificate (that i wasnt expecting) in addition to the JIB electricians cert, so im guessing it is equivalent (or was).

Reply to is 236 parts 1 and 2 equal to nvq3? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock