Discuss Is 52 too old to be an apprentice? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
There's no age limit in England regarding the funding employers can access, I can't pretend it will be easy finding one though. If you want to get start the journey and acquire some relevant technical knowledge that would ultimately reduce the duration needed to complete an apprenticeship, then the TESP Routes on the Electrical Careers website show which qualifications count. An apprenticeship from scratch takes around four years.

Scolmore Electrical Products
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Mike Johnson

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Short answer YES, according to your learning ability there are many other professions out there at the same intellect level that will take fewer years to reach a pay grade above that of an electrician, I am now going to my bunker and put on my tin hat.

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
my first wages as an apprentice were £7.10s /week. 3 years later after a HND , went up to £22/week. no wonder i went self employed.

Reply to Is 52 too old to be an apprentice? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.