Discuss Is a non-fused switched socket spur allowed in Kitchen? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Can someone please confirm if a single spur off a ring main is allowed in a kitchen? My plumber has said you cannot have spurs in the kitchen, must all be ring main?

Use: To create an extra socket under the kitchen cabinets, 6" off ground, will be used for single ELV DC Alexa PSU as limited sockets above worktop. But of course someone in the future could use it for something else!!

wet-pants strikes again. just ask him why, what regulation does it contravene, and then tell him that pi$$ runs downhill.

That Plumber might have been thinking you can't have a spur for an immersion heater.
What do u reckon ?
Anything upto 2KW for a spur off a RFC
IS THIS CORRECT?

Why do people take electrical advice from plumbers?
If I need heart surgery should I go and see a vet? o_O

To be fair to me, I asked the question here as it was one I had not heard of, but I rely on google and forums for checking any changes i make as I like to be 100% sure.

Forgive the remarks from my esteemed colleagues. Its Friday and they're all super excited to get home.

You did the right thing by questioning what the plumber said and asked the correct group of experts.
I bet you didn't even ask him... the plumber just decided to tell you.

To answer the question, there is no regulations concerning spurs in a kitchen. Only that there can only be one spur of any one point of a Ring Final Circuit, which is a regulation for any RFC, not just a kitchen.

Why do people take electrical advice from plumbers?
If I need heart surgery should I go and see a vet? o_O

I wouldn't even take plumbing advice from a plumber. :D

More info needed , is extra socket likely to have a small laundry hung off it ?
( water + drainage nearby )
--- Does sound like advice to dissuade plumbers from fitting extra sockets that WILL be over-loaded ! --

Reply to Is a non-fused switched socket spur allowed in Kitchen? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock