Discuss Is City and Guilds 2396 Electrical Design qualification worth anything the real world? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Passed my C&G 2396: Electrical design and verification course recently and loved every minute of it, however I am wondering if it was actually worth doing. I haven’t seen any adverts with it listed as a requirement or even as preferred. It’s a level 4 course so a bit surprising. Has anyone done it and it opened any career doors for them? I wouldn’t mind getting into estimating or doing more designing, something with a lot of maths/calculations as I seem to enjoy that

Passed my C&G 2396: Electrical design and verification course recently and loved every minute of it, however I am wondering if it was actually worth doing. I haven’t seen any adverts with it listed as a requirement or even as preferred. It’s a level 4 course so a bit surprising. Has anyone done it and it opened any career doors for them? I wouldn’t mind getting into estimating or doing more designing, something with a lot of maths/calculations as I seem to enjoy that
Yes, it's opened a few doors for me. Specifically design doors. Congratulations on passing the 2396, not any easy qualification to obtain by a long way.

You should now be using your new skill on a daily basis when adding in new circuits or installations.

Congrats mate. The 3 hour exam is a killer and when i didn't mine, the pen didn't come off the paper for the whole 3 hours.

I did mine back in October 2019. Loved the course and my tutor was excellent, very supportive. Passed and nailed the exam with merit. Even thought about doing another project as I loved it so much, I don't get much chance in my day job to practice it. Sometimes I lie awake at night practicing simple calcs just so i don't forget any elements of the course, or the formulas.

The main benefit really for me was I now run rings around everyone else in the office from a theory point of view. So far though no new opportunities have come my way, but I don't regret doing it at all. The next step for me is probably the SSSTS and apply for a black card.

Reply to Is City and Guilds 2396 Electrical Design qualification worth anything the real world? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock