CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Is connector block allowed inside a fuse board? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi all, wondering if someone can clarify this or refer me to a regulation regarding using connector block inside a Consumer Unit, I have some cables that are being moved the the RCD section of the CU but are too short and there is no practical way to get more length without making a mess. I’ve heard conflicting opinions regarding this but i couldnt seem to find a reg saying otherwise.

Answers appreciated :)

James

-
Mentor
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
any suitable connection is fine within the confines of a consumer unit.
it must be rated for the voltage and current that could pass through it.
however, as above, I would be fitting a wago connector or a row of din rail connectors if there were more than 1 or 2

plugsandsparks

-
Arms
Esteemed
No issue i can see, its just another maintenance joint in the CU, although Wago are getting smaller. they are ideal when you want it neat, I have tried crimps on T&E but actually prefer connector blocks.

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
best solution i have found is ideal in line push-in connectors (for 1.0mm to 2.5mm) as cable entries are in line, not side by side as with wagos. crimp connectors are also acceptable.

Through crimp / ideal splice

Strips of block connector have holes in them for a reason.

Baddegg

-
Arms
Supporter
Esteemed
best solution i have found is ideal in line push-in connectors (for 1.0mm to 2.5mm) as cable entries are in line, not side by side as with wagos. crimp connectors are also acceptable.
Have used those a few times recently and really like em for saving space...

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Strips of block connector have holes in them for a reason.
2 reasons actually. 1 hole for cable and 1 hole for terminal driver. :p :p

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

Reply to Is connector block allowed inside a fuse board? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Top Bottom