Discuss Is it always the sparkies fault????? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

O

Octopus

Been doing a job on and off for a few weeks, mainly because the chap doing the building works isn't very good at estimating times to achieve tasks.

As a result, there has been the odd day where I've not been able to get on site to do work as the building work isn't ready for me then when he's ready its my fault for holding him up - I'm pre booked for weeks ahead so can't drop everything to run around after him.

Getting to the point where I'd rather walk off the job.......

Your experiences?

Rant over

tell him to give you notice and charge him for days you went there and was unable to work.

strrt billing him for wasted time when you turn up as arranged and he's not ready.

tell him to give you notice and charge him for days you went there and was unable to work.

Can't do that as he doesn't communicate and I'm being paid directly by the client (thank god)

by the way sxsparky, you can "edit" posts after they've been posted.

For as long as there are builders there will always be frustrated technical trades!! It's what beer is for.

I was working on a site in South Woolwich a few years ago.
The guy running the electrical side was getting very stressed.
The builder was on at him about hurrying the work up.
Wanted to know when the DB was going in, and why wasn't it already in?
I just pointed out to my guy, that untill the builder had built the wall, we wouldn't be hanging the DB anywhere.

couldn't you have hung it up a a couple of bits of T/E?

I once ended up in court accused of bad workmanship due to the fact that I hadn't finished part of an exhibition installation. It ended very swiftly when I showed the judge the travel itinerary and the construction plan. They had booked my flight home one day before they'd scheduled the job in question to be built.

I've never seen a judge smile so much - didn't think they allowed it!!

Reply to Is it always the sparkies fault????? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock