Aico 3000 Range
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Is it called an accessory back box? in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Had8Lives

-
Arms
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi, Just wondering if anybody knows what the proper name for a metal back box with a single and double space in one complete box is called, and who makes it. Many Thanks. :eek:

J

Jurassic Spark

Ooop North, we call them dual accessory boxes - made by BG and others.

W

WarrenG

Hi, Just wondering if anybody knows what the proper name for a metal back box with a single and double space in one complete box is called, and who makes it. Many Thanks. :eek:
Various - back box, metal clad what you want really and made by seveal. Usually find with the cheaper versions the threads are rubbish just bear that in mind.

Some variations here:

Boxes and Enclosures

Had8Lives

-
Arms
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for replies. I have used them before, just wondered if there was a porper name, but obviously not. Must be one of those things you just say to the wholesaler "you know one of them boxes with a double and single in one box" :-D

jeremy

-
Mentor
Arms
I've never seen a double and single in one box before only two singles. Is there such a box with three doubles available as when I'm doing the TV area of a lounge getting three doubles next to each other, exactly the same height and level is a pain in the ar5e?!

A

assured elec

never seen a triple box , with lugs so you can have say > single skt , fuse spur and tv point in ......... seen boxes for a triple skt but thats about all .

Last edited by a moderator:
A

assured elec

no lugs in the middle , that's a triple skt box , no good for fitting 3 different units to .,,, what were looking for is something like a duel box , but able to accept another unit > 1 spare , 1 single skt . 1 tv point , all in the one long box , but i don't think the exist

cheers

H

hughesy

I've never seen a double and single in one box before only two singles. Is there such a box with three doubles available as when I'm doing the TV area of a lounge getting three doubles next to each other, exactly the same height and level is a pain in the ar5e?!
you can get interconnecting ones made by click . and as a tv is usually in a corner i put one on one side of the wall and two on the other makes it a bit easier and still looks fine plus when the telly is there you cant usually see them.

W

WarrenG

Alternatively you could use three sperate single boxes and connect them together using a coupler & male bush, making them one unit.

L

Lofty

Hi,
I've used these they are called a 1+2 and Edmundsons stock them.

Hope this helps.
Cheers,

jeremy

-
Mentor
Arms
Oi!! Warren G. We'll have none of that common sense malarkey round here!!! What a simple but brilliant solution!

A

assured elec

must admit i thought it was a good idea too , never thought of it me-self

W

WarrenG

lol.........its usually the simple things we over look.......glad to help! ;)

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers

Reply to Is it called an accessory back box? in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
Top Bottom