Discuss Is it notifiable???????? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Old house, very old occupant occupant, confined to one room on ground floor but visiting carers also use kitchen.
Called out to repeatedly blown fuse.
2 re-wirable fuse-boards. Circuit with troublesome fuse still wired in VIR with insulation turning to dust.
Other socket circuits in PVC.
This VIR circuit fed most ground floor sockets including kitchen and room where occupant is confined.
Disconnected VIR circuit.
Added a small consumer unit alongside existing (RCD main switch).
Transferred existing radial socket circuit to new consumer unit.
Extended radial circuit to provide a total of 5 additional double sockets on ground floor to replace those on VIR circuit.
Realistically all a temporary fix until the inevitable and the place is renovated/rebuilt.
Question. Is it notifiable? The options available for me on the NAPIT software re notifications doesn’t seem to fit this work.
When I “replace” a fuse-board it is notifiable. I haven’t replaced one.
When I install a “new” circuit it is notifiable. I’ve extended an existing one, albeit with a new OCPD.

Thoughts please.

Yes notify it, if you've added a new CU then tick it as replacement if that's a closest option, the EIC you've completed in conjunction with notification will make clear the extent of the work carried out.

It's notifiable. The options are not very intuitive. Click "replace fuse board". This is what you would click if you install an additional DB (e.g. in a shed).

supply to the new consumer unit is a new circuit.
existing radial circuit, is now a new circuit,
you have removed a circuit from DB-1 and added a new one to DB-2
or that's how I would document it.

as dusty says. class as emergency repair. complete an EIC. leave notification till the job is re-done.

Reply to Is it notifiable???????? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net