Discuss Is it possible to copy from Sky hd box hdd to my computer hdd in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

justanoob

Hi
I am just wondering if someone can plz help i have just been informed from sky that i need a new hd box as mine is faulty but also been informed that i will lose all the stuff on it which some of the stuff is daft progs that i cant get coz not repeated so was just wondering if there is any way i can get the stuff from the hd box hdd to my hdd on my computer cheers and thank you

material on the HDD is encoded as per the firmware on the sky box, you can swap out the HDD, you can also clone it with a standard extrernal HDD case/connector (can be a closed one or a push fit open enclosure) the software on the HDD sits on a small partition on there and there is also operating software in a ROM unit inside the sky box, if your new sky box is a different one, you will need to go into this on your PC, delete the old bootstrap and extra software, then copy over the software (firmware) from the new Hard disk from the new box to the same location, the new box will then pick up and read the hard drive from your old box...or you can copy over the content directly to the new drive and use that...

Reply to Is it possible to copy from Sky hd box hdd to my computer hdd in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Folks , Just looking for a bit of advice as I'm looking to get back on the tools so please bare with me if this is a bit long winded. I'm a...
Replies
Views
I bouught a Nissan Townstar EV and have found what I consider a theft problem All previous vans I have had allowed the driver to enter and exit...
Replies
Views
I have pulled out an old evaporative system I purchased many years ago from storage to have a look at it and see if I can get it running. Was...
Replies
Views
Hi all, There's 2 single fan ovens in the house my mother recently moved into. Posh elecronic AEG units. It's been sat empty for a year, so the...
Replies
Views
I having been trying to make a cart wheel chandelier for my wedding in July like the one in the photo attached. I have 31 lamp holders in mason...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock