Discuss Is it time to ditch the JiB card like the car tax disc ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bond

Do we really need the JIB card anymore ?

Agencies & companies know full well wether you're a paid up JIB member by checking online - a bit like the automatic number plate recognition.

The JIB backlog for applying for a card is ridiculous, they can't cope because of demand - Even fast track is a week behind.

After you pass your £45 ECS Health and safety assessment, in black and white its written 'This slip has NO validity on its own' - You're then coerced to spend more money to apply for the card in order to earn a living as an electrician.

For your 40 questions, the ECS test costs you just over a £1 per question.

Of course, the questions are slightly changed each year for the nanny state to justify their existence and to raid your pocket, all in name of ummmm, safety of course.

Ok, so whether you think the ESC assessment is a money making scam or not or you accept it on the grounds of safety - do we really need the JIB card as well, when details of your ECS pass and qualifications are held online by the JIB for site agents, agencies, employers and for all to see.?

Thoughts please?

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Is it time to ditch the JiB card like the car tax disc ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I'm an electrician of 20 years. Starting out with domestic and commercial install work but mainly working in...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I searched for other threads of this but the threads seem to be a few years old. I'm a 36 year old Electrician from WA with 18 years...
Replies
Views
Talking to an experienced spark this morning who is doing some work for me as i am too busy. He has nearly 35 years experience in the trade...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just finished college and finished my Level 2 Electrical Installations diploma (2365) Level 3 C&G 8202 Advanced Technical Diploma in...
Replies
Views
I did a domestic installers course around 10 years ago (blimey time flies!). This is a level 2 qualification. I then registered with Stroma who...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock