Discuss Is my megger banjaxed? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

billybob

Hi all,
I'm getting an odd reading from my megger 1552,when trying a zs it is showing >500 and the fuse symbol is showing.
I have got new fuses,with the same result.
Has the tester somehow got fried from greater than 500volts?

Hi all,
I'm getting an odd reading from my megger 1552,when trying a zs it is showing >500 and the fuse symbol is showing.
I have got new fuses,with the same result.
Has the tester somehow got fried from greater than 500volts?

Have you checked meter on another circuit or installation just incase you dont have a cpc connection.

Try it with 2 leads between L & N that should give reading if not meter probably fried.

Noticed it on the last job,changed the fuse,and still the same on this job.
Still giving out voltage readings and resistance.just zs and rcd tests it doesnt like.

Just to let you all know.
The tester had fried wire from the internal battery supply.
Fixed by Calmet in kingston upon thames,for £165.........at Christmas.......doh.
Still,at least it ain't a new tester!
Happy new year all...

My m8 had the same problem about 2 months ago, the meter was well out of warranty phoned Megger they said it would be an internal fuse. As the meter was out of warranty we tried to get into the meter to change the fuse got it open a crack but to no avail so frustrating as I could see all 4 quick blow fuses just out of fingers reach. Anyway got a quote from SIS in Brooklands £265+ vat and a 2 week wait just went out and bought a new one.

Reply to Is my megger banjaxed? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net