Discuss Is my motherbaord toasted? in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hey guys. So, I'm building a lower consumption pc for a pfsense router. The build is done, tested it last night, went through some configuring and did a laht system to power it off, and disconnected everything from the wall. This morning, I thought let me try to finish the configuring, but it doesn't want to turn on. I have a pico psu and a 100W power supply, used for LED strips, but it was never actually used. I have the same setup used for my NAS build, and it works fine. This build only has 2 RAM modules and an SSD, so it's not power thirsty.

I tried resetting CMOS, taking out the ram memory, tried a different PSU, from my PC, different power cable, different CMOS battery.

The weird thing is, that the same scenario happened to me last year when I was bulding that NAS. The motherboard just died. I ended up buying a new one. So, now I want to know what the heck is going on?! Is it the pico psu that's creating me issues?! Because it's the only thing common to these 2 builds that had the same issue.

And what could happen during the night?! Or could it be that the pluging in the power cord that toasted the motherboard?

Reply to Is my motherbaord toasted? in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net