Discuss Is my wiring setup okay? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

V

vince

Hello All,

First post.
So, I have designed the following setup:
outdoors.jpg

The question is, does it look okay?
The RCD FCU is on a ring main, using 2 cores for earth from the FCU to Outdoor socket box.

Cheers...

apart from looking like the command console on the starship enterprise, i can't really see whaT YOU ARE TRYING TO ACHIEVE.

Lol, yes well it may be somewhat over engineered, but it helps thinking about it in my head.
DNS1, I think it is correct.

This is for an installation that I may be doing, but first would like to design.
The text version:

There is a socket in my living room on the ring.
I have placed a 13A RCD FCU on the opposite outside wall.
From this box, SWA 4 core goes to a double socket box under some decking.
2 cores are earthed, Live and Neutral.
In the back of the socket box, the nuke plans above show all the connections to a 5A FCU for lighting, a digital timer and a double switch which are connected via conduit.
The timer should control the switching on both the switches.
The switches mean the 2 circuits can be energized separately, one for a big lights, the other for smaller ones.
The total wattage of both circuits is less than 100w.
The final 4 wires leaving the box are on SWA cable around the garden.

I just wondered if this is the correct way of wiring such a setup and also if I can use single wires without the white outer insulation within the conduit?

BTW I have spotted a mistake, the 2 way connector for the 5A neutral needs to be bigger.

Thanks in advance...

4 core because i can have 2 independently controlled sets of lights. I have also chosen to have 1 core as earth in addition to the armour.

If you think you'll get 8 wago's and wiring into the back of a double socket back box think again!! Unless this back box is only being used as a JB. Not really an appropriate box to use if external, even under decking, you need an appropriate IP rated surface socket, or JB box!! I HAVENT EVEN TRIED TO WORK OUT WHAT YOUR TRYING TO DO!! ...lol!!

his diagram is showing a RCD FCU. obviously not required if circuit already has RCD.

course it should. a simple scheme similar to gas safe would be far better. but it's all about money. the scam organisations are raking it in whilst doing nothing to improve standards, but encouraging customers to use cowboys as they can do the work cheaper, not having to fork out hundreds for scam membership.

can't have it all des. what was the score again? factor of 10, i believe.

can't have it all des. what was the score again? factor of 10, i believe.

You may be right tel,I will try and work it out
here is my maths (the figures in bold are for clarity only )lol

Wales scored 30
England scored 3,
(that's not one of my usual typing errors by the way,it is only three 3 )

So if we divide the single figure 3 into the much larger 30 we do have in fact a 10 points to 1 ratio
so the factor of 10 is valid

It's just as well the larger figure stayed at 30,yet another 5 points would have made it hard to work out :yes:

Reply to Is my wiring setup okay? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net