Discuss Is the IEC 60909 standard applicable for short circuit current calculations in UK? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi. I would like to get a help from this forum electrical engineers. There is the international standard “IEC 60909” for calculations of symmetrical and asymmetrical short circuit currents.

I need to calculate line-to-earth short circuit (circuit 0.4kV) by the software that uses calculation procedures defined in the IEC 60909. Is the IEC 60909 standard applicable for short circuit current calculations in UK?

Hi Wilko, Thank you for your answer, but I already have this brochure from Schneider Electric, and I have official doc of IEC60909 (edition 2016).

I’ll reformulate my question in another way: is there a regional standard for short circuit current calculations (up to 1kV) in UK? If such standard exist, can I calculate SCC in my street lighting design projects by the international standard IEC 60909? Will such calculations be accepted in UK?

I use the CAD plugin (MeteorCalc – for street lighting designers) and this software calculates SCC by IEC60909 only. For example the Ecodial from Schneider Electric calculates SCC according to CENELEC TR50480.

I am from Estonia, but probably I will design street lighting projects in the UK. But it's not important now.

I'll ask my question more widely. If there is a national or regional standard for electrotechical calculations (for example, for SC currents) in a country, can I use calculation procedures from an international standard for same electrotechical calculations in this country? Which of the standards is primary: regional or international?

Reply to Is the IEC 60909 standard applicable for short circuit current calculations in UK? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock